Security Analyst required by Whitehall Resources on a 6 month initial contract based in London
– Work closely with the Global SCC Technical Services Lead, Chief Security Engineer and Department of IT support teams, to understand requirements related to security risk mitigation objectives, compliance, contractual obligations, and to map those requirements against current or planned SCC service delivery projects
– Support the Security Operations strategy and roadmap by providing advice and recommendations related to Incident Response, Threat Intelligence, Analytics, Forensics and Investigation services
– Operating several security tools and platforms, responding to alerts generated and utilize active and passive tools to deep dive analyse affected systems
– Advise on the technical training requirements for all members of the SCC Analyst Team. Ensure knowledge transfer is conducted for tooling and processes that are supplementing or improving the SCC response capability
– Involvement in the design, build and implementation of tooling, both open source and COTS.
– Keeping up to date on emerging threats, vulnerabilities and intelligence whilst constantly looking for ways to improve security event detection and response
– Lead proactive threat hunting and research to identify emerging threats and presenting that in a contextually relevant way
– Act as Incident Response Lead in absence of the Global SCC Technical Services Lead, ensure all priorities are clear within the team
– Contribute to the End client security strategy by consultancy with IT Operations team on IT best practice and security standards
– Line management of a small number of security analysts, as determined by Team lead
– Must be prepared to travel globally when required and support callout/out of hours work when required
Required Skills and Experience:
– A strong multi-tasker with a keen eye for detail that can understand and explain the mindset and motivations of a cyber criminal
– Well organised and be proven to thrive and perform in fast-paced, high-stress scenarios
– Ability to communicate security issues to stakeholders at all levels.
– Demonstrable significant experience in cyber security incident detection, response and resolution.
– Detailed knowledge of forensic tools, technologies and methods.
– Experience of vulnerability management tooling, such as Tenable, Rapid7
– Experience with cloud infrastructure technologies, such as cloud…AWS/Azure etc.
– Experience with network intelligence and analytics tools, i.e. Darktrace
– Experience with Open Source tools such as Elastic,
– Experience with DDoS mitigation solutions
– Experience in responding to data breaches
– Demonstrable experience of working with threat intelligence and security risk
Desirable Skills and Experience
– Experience in Digital Forensics, including working with law enforcement
– Scripting capabilities using tools such as PowerShell, Python, Java or similar
– Direct experience with opensource SIEM integrations
– Experience working in or with Defence, Government or Telco
– Experience working with penetration testing tools, such as Kali Linux, Nessus or Nmap
– ISC2 Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
– EC-Council Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
– Offensive Security Certified Professional (OSCP)
– SANS 503
– SANS 504
All of our opportunities require that applicants are eligible to work in the specified country/location, unless otherwise stated in the job description.