DevOps Engineer Role
Whitehall Resources are currently looking for a DevOps Engineer for a key client based in Shropshire,
* The ALM Delivery Centre uses leading edge automation technologies such as AWS, Terraform and Ansible to automatically deploy and manage Application Lifecycle.
* Management (ALM) Software such as Atlassians software products such as JIRA, Confluence, Bamboo, Bitbucket and others.
* A DevOps engineer is now required to augment the existing team and to further develop and maintain these automation technologies.
You will work on Cloud Infrastructure such as AWS, employing technologies such as Terraform, Docker, Ansible to maintain and develop the ALM Delivery Centres capability to deploy and maintain Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) software products. This is a key role in ALMD technology transformation.
You will take a lead role in engineering new application solutions and maintaining existing systems, with a strong focus on automation. You will act as the primary escalation point within the team for complex technical issues, and will help to develop the technical skills of our junior engineers. You will use DevOps principles to support the entire technology stack.
* Engineer and lead the implementation of new application solutions at enterprise scale
* Leveraging the latest automation and DevOps technologies to minimise support overhead and re-work while streamlining the deployment and upgrade processes
* Engineer and lead the transformation of existing application solutions
* Using the same principles outlined above Act as the primary technical escalation point for a small team of junior support engineers
* Taking the lead in root cause analysis and resolution of complex operational issues Support the training of our junior engineers and help to federate knowledge of the tech stack
* From Linux system administration to the latest automation and orchestration technologies Keep abreast of the latest trends and technologies * Intersecting where appropriate and helping to bring into the team.
* All Standard Operating Systems, Linux admin essential
* Amazon Web Services
* Ansible / Ansible Tower / AWX
* Docker (with Swarm and Compose experience)
* Web Proxy administration (any of Apache, NGINX, HAProxy)
* Atlassian software deployment and administration
* PostgreSQL administration
* Architecture design skills / experience.
Mandatory technical skills:
See technologies / skills section. The following are highly desirable,
* Administration experience of one or more Atlasisan software products including
* JIRA, Confluence, Bamboo, Bitbucket, Crowd
* Python scripting ability
* DevOps experience including both developing and operating systems in a live environment
Mandatory business skill:
* Excellent interpersonal skills – works as a team member. Brings attention to detail, willingness to learn, excellent written and verbal communication
skills and stakeholder management.
* Commercial Awareness – able to identify opportunities and flag these for development as proposals.
* Able to make a technical contribution to proposal development
* Experience of working within an Agile delivery environment, with SCRUM parctices employed.
* ITIL awareness, preferably at least v3 foundation certificate
All of our opportunities require that applicants are eligible to work in the specified country/location, unless otherwise stated in the job description.