Whitehall Resources currently require an experienced Project Manager to work with a key client based in Cheshire
* Agree and deliver plans for projects / programmes (or contribution in part to a larger project), including activities, resources, costs, roles, responsibilities and quality as defined in the IT Project Management Methodology (ADF).
* Manage project / programme budgets, forecasts, tasks, schedules, risks, change management, and status to support effective decisions and project reporting to stakeholders and review boards. Coordinate status and delivery of project workstreams. Identify / manage dependencies between projects (intra-program and across portfolio).
* Assure / develop service transition plans to ensure project delivered solutions are sustainable within a BAU operations environment, including controlled hand-over into operational support.
* Manage relationships with key business stakeholders to ensure the effective capturing of business requirements and commitment to project/program objectives. Responsible for steering / stakeholder meetings, communication of status, issues, risks.
* Ensure effective risks & issues management processes are in place and effectively used. Resolve problems and escalate as appropriate.
* Build a cohesive project team and provide the leadership necessary to maximize the team’s success. Provide individual coaching and development of team members as needed.
* Manage changes to project/programme scope, ensuring that all impacts and changes are approved and appropriately communicated to stakeholders and review boards.
* Develop service transition plans including controlled hand-over into support and maintenance.
* Ensure the project team adheres to all standards including ADF, quality, and compliance, as well as processes, defined technical capabilities, and best practices. Establish program governance and lead Decision Point reviews; member Steering Committee.
* Ensure expected benefits realization is consistent with project deliverables and clearly understood by stakeholders and project team.
* Support continued development of a world-class centre of excellence for project management capabilities and ensure that best practice is adopted and reinforced.
* Typical project cost in the range of $100k – $1m, with a project team of up to 12 people.
* Effectively collaboratively with:
– Supplier Management function to manage delivery of small to medium-sized supplier contracts
– Internal and External Suppliers to ensure delivery of agreed products and services while ensuring adherence to project delivery standards
– Key business stakeholders to ensure the effective capturing of business requirements and commitment to project/programme objectives
* Technical or Business Degree or relevant proven experience
* Proven skills and experience managing and controlling project budgets
* Experience leading and developing project teams with a diverse blend of skills and capabilities
* Evidence of shaping innovative solutions that have a major impact within the business area and organisation
* 24+ months of proven relevant experience as an Associate PM or equivalent role.
* Masters degree
* Project / Programme Management certifications
* Experience working in a global organization where stakeholders and project team members are geographically dispersed.
Skills and Capabilities
* Strong Project and Progamme Management Skills
* Proven problem solving capabilities.
* A capable knowledge of Financial Management and Benefits Delivery practices.
* Broad understanding of IT systems and technology implemented within a business context.
* Strong communication, relationship and consulting skills
* Knowledge and experience with internal and external suppliers and soluti
All of our opportunities require that applicants are eligible to work in the specified country/location, unless otherwise stated in the job description.