This position has been filled
Digital Test Lead/Manager
Digital Test Lead/Manager required by Whitehall Resources on a 5 month initial contract based in Bristol
Joining us as a Quality Assurance and Test Manager, you’ll play a lead role in driving the testing team forward. It will be your responsibility to analyse business and technical documentation, create test artefacts and carry out testing across multiple phases of the lifecycle. You will work in a consultancy capacity across multiple projects, working closely with business and technical stakeholders to advise on best practice and to ensure excellent quality outcomes for the customer.
Just like us, you’ll be committed to continuous improvement. This is an opportunity to play a key role in an ambitious investment programme, improving our capabilities and learning new skills along the way.
We’re looking for an experienced Quality Assurance and Test Manager who has all round testing capabilities and has experience in V Model, CI/CD, Waterfall and Agile projects within a large and complex organisation like ours. The Quality Assurance and Test Manager will be confidently able to:
– Establish and maintain good relationships with internal and external partners to influence their activities and promote and enhance the organisation’s goals and reputation.
– Contribute to the development and improvement of delivery processes to ensure best value for money from a testing service
– Demonstrate the ability to adapt quickly to new tools and approaches including CI/CD, Performance Testing and Integration Testing.
– Communicate with /coach business customers and suppliers to ensure appropriate coverage of risks and to ensure compliance to IT standards.
– Great team working skills, the ability to respond positively to feedback and a good sense of humour!
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to have:
– ISEB or ITSQB testing qualifications in testing and practical testing experience in User Acceptance, Integration, Scrum, Continuous Integration, DSDM and Test Driven Development approaches.
– Excellent analytic and troubleshooting skills in a technical test environment
– Experience of change and risk management, planning and estimating
– A good understanding of different user requirement formats and the ability to analyse and create test conditions and acceptance criteria from them.
– Demonstrate experience of software testing preparation, execution and facilitating workshops and quality reviews.
– Experience of Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment tools and techniques
– Test Automation tools and techniques
– Integration and performance testing
– Technical problem diagnosis and problem resolution. Proactively work with Delivery Lead, Scrum Masters and Release Manager
– Proficient in the use of JIRA
Any exposure to working to Government Digital Standards and TMMi would be highly desirable.
All of our opportunities require that applicants are eligible to work in the specified country/location, unless otherwise stated in the job description.