Whitehall Resources are currently looking for a Network Architect / Engineer to work as part of the clients technology and architecture team and with key project teams.
– Designing and implementing new and amended network systems, including cloud networks.
– Work on networks for new building locations and re-design and upgrade the Council’s existing network.
– Systems currently in place – Cisco, internet connectivity, firewalls and migration to cloud
– Provide advice and guidance to ensure effective use of standards, principles, tools and patterns
– Work to maximise the value that can be delivered from government networks
– Be aware of and incorporate security into network designs
– Have an understanding of network technology including: LAN, WAN, Wi-Fi, data centre LAN, SD networks, telephony, mobile solutions infrastructure, unified comms, network management solutions, and network specific security and remote access technologies and approaches
– Advise where things appear to be causing problems or could cause problems.
Tasks will include:
– Design Network Systems
– Determine the data communications needs and develop the best systems to meet these needs. This includes, where appropriate, designing servers, components and understanding any potential issues prior to implementation.
– Plan the Installation and Implementation of Network Systems
– From determining cable layout and placement to selecting Network Hardware. Oversee the installation and implementation of computer network systems.
– Maintain documentation during the installation and implementation processes, manage staff and ensure that the project is completely on schedule.
– Upgrade Existing Network Components
– In addition to designing and installing new systems, you will be responsible for upgrading components in existing networks.
– This may involve supporting the install of new routers, switches, security software or other parts to improve the operation of a system.
– Excellent knowledge of technical and network design
– Good knowledge of enabling technology and innovative and creative problem-solving techniques
– Have a deep understanding of the technical concepts required in their role and understands how these fit into the wider technical landscape
– Knowledge of routers, switches and servers.
– Knowledge of internet, LAN, WAN and wifi.
Essential skills and abilities:
– Good analytical skills
– Working effectively in multi-disciplinary teams
– Good interpersonal skills
– A consistently positive attitude to change
– Creative approach to problem solving in a dynamic environment
– A determination to deliver a high quality of service
– Considerable experience and a good track record in building network solutions
– Experience of architect / design / implement network technologies, solutions and services
– Assessing Network needs
– Designing and implementing data network systems
– Must be familiar with and have applied best practices and principles in technical design and implementations
All of our opportunities require that applicants are eligible to work in the specified country/location, unless otherwise stated in the job description.