This position has been filled
Application Support Lead/SME - SC Cleared
Oracle Apps Support Analyst – SC Cleared required for an initial 6 month contract based in Newcastle
We’re looking for Oracle Applications Support Analyst/Subject Matter Experts to work with us on one of the largest transformation programmes in Europe.
– Acts in a counterpart capacity to the Delivery Lead. Whilst the DL is focusing on the overall service and leadership of the team (including the Technical SME) The Technical Subject Expert is expected to bring the expertise and technical leadership for a given group of applications.
– To apply in-depth technical knowledge to positively influence the successful resolution of live service issues and escalated service outages
– Support the Delivery Lead in understanding the technical impact and dependencies of client requirements in a multi-vendor organisation
– Ensures adherence to the ITIL Framework across the portfolio of applications, maintaining compliance to Incident, Problem, Change and Release processes
– Translate and communicate effectively to non-technical stake holders
– To build sustainable networks to allow consultation with team members and other organisations, clients and vendors on complex issues
– Provide mentoring to Incident and Operational team members
– Promote and assist with the delivery of standards & automation. E.g. bringing tools, processes and expertise to provide new solutions to enhance processes and introduce efficiencies
– Maintain accurate and consistent data management techniques, document (via SharePoint) and communicate regularly to stakeholders
– Gather, analyse, understand and manage current application(s) and process MI with a view to reporting upward, to the customer and to the CSI manager for potential incorporation of technical and functional process efficiencies
– Ensure strong relationships with key stakeholders and counterparts, ie, Delivery Organisation, Level 3 suppliers, Delivery Lead, Team Lead, Service Managers
– Mentor and coach more junior members of the team.
– Provide direct support to Team Leads and Delivery Leads as needed.
– Promote and assist with the delivery of standards & automation. E.g. bringing tools, processes and expertise to provide new solutions to enhance processes and introduce efficiencies.
– Experience in Technologies: SOA OAF, Oracle Apps, Oracle E-Business
– Strong Microsoft Office Suite knowledge; Word, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint, PowerPoint
– ITIL v3 foundation qualification
– Understanding of the business processes that underpin the application/s
– A solid understanding of the support/service lifecycle
– Ability to work in a disciplined environment under pressure to meet challenging deadlines
– Ability to work in a multi supplier environment
– Ability to work independently to deliver agreed outcomes and work equally well in a team
– Strong inter-personal & organisation skills
– Lead by example with Integrity and ethics
– Customer oriented and results driven
– Willing to work as part of an on call rota and cover out of hours’ activities
– ITIL Intermediate Service Operations and CSI
– Understanding of Agile methodology.
– Other areas of technology and solutions – exposure to/or technical capability across projects and service lifecycle e.g. applications development, DevOps, solutions architecture, Operational Acceptance Testing, service support
– Experience of Service reporting – production of management information and reports, dashboards etc.
– Experience supporting services that are aligned to the business strategy and operational requirements
– Exposure to structured problem management and troubleshooting
The team provides support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and as a result you may be expected to work as part of an on call rota.
Please note that you mus
All of our opportunities require that applicants are eligible to work in the specified country/location, unless otherwise stated in the job description.