IT Service Owner
IT Service Owner
Whitehall Resources are currently looking for a IT Service Owner.
– The Business strategies for some services are under review and update so an immediate activity will be to work closely with key business and IT stakeholders in your area to build a consensus and drive delivery of a revised business and IT strategy and roadmap, aligned with broader strategic objectives, over a 3 -5 year time horizon for your services.
– Support the modernisation of technology delivery by driving transition from the current largely outsourced management of the technology to a more agile and rapid model of deliver and change able to take advantage of new analytical and enabling technologies to support the business agenda.
– Ensuring successful delivery of ongoing strategic projects (Circa $4m) within the service(s), ensuring these continue to be aligned to strategic business and IT imperatives, utilising appropriate implementation methodologies; driving benefit realisation from the activities.
– Ensuring the enduring model on completion of the projects are aligned to the wider technology modernisation agenda.
– Ability to manage wide ranging global stakeholder groups across the organisation – business, IT&S and third parties.
– This includes excellent influencing skills; sound judgement and decision making skills; high levels of professionalism and self confidence.
– This role requires extensive interaction with the executive teams and users of the technology.
– Stakeholders span the broad organisation and the ability to manage organisational dynamics and to partner to align diverse groups on a path of action is critical.
– Experience of operating in a Safety management or GRC environment, with a strong understanding of control frameworks.
– Change leadership experience and knowledge of working with modern software manufacturing and technology delivery models. Agile, Continuous Delivery, and flow techniques such as KanBan
– Experience running several IT operations teams – responsible for delivering reliable and commercially efficient operations
– Experience of an IT business interface role with senior stakeholders – successfully balancing business demands with enterprise drivers, being the face of IT to the business
– Experience of leading IT large projects or programmes – securing investment, running governance, selecting solutions and vendors, planning, and running through to operations.
– A real passion for technology and its power to drive business efficiency, value and innovation.
– Experience leading several large teams (“manager of manager”) with a focus on growing and developing talent and building an inclusive culture.
– Experience in managing vendors and relationships in both matrix and line management models in a geographically diverse environment.
– A deep understanding of the business or functional area which the Service supports – its strategy, its market, its challenges, its processes.
All of our opportunities require that applicants are eligible to work in the specified country/location, unless otherwise stated in the job description.