Storage Operations Engineer
Storage Operations Engineer
Whitehall Resources are currently looking for a Storage Operations Engineer for an initial 3 Month Contract.
Who you’ll be working with
You will be working with EMC VNX Series storage technologies that underpin our client storage infrastructure. This position is within our NEU Managed Services and India Storage support teams that are primarily responsible for providing client centric storage hosting services.
The focus of your role
You will be responsible for operational support of the client’s EMC VNX Series storage platforms as your primary skills and VMAX as the secondary skill.
As the Storage SME, you will
– Day-to-day operations of storage platforms
– Trouble shooting, fault finding, hardware knowledge of EMC VNX and VMAX technologies
– In depth understanding of EMC VNX and VMAX storage systems
– This will require close engagement with our on/offshore delivery teams
– Be prepared to visit Sweden if required (estimated to be frequency of 1-2 trips in a 3 month period)
What you’ll bring
– Demonstratable troubleshooting skills in EMC VNX and VMAX storage systems
– Experience with automation techniques to reduce management overhead and improve service levels
– Understanding to produce multi-tier, high-availability infrastructure architectures in an Enterprise environment
– Experience with storage management and monitoring tools
– Experience with executing quick technical feasibility and proposal development for deploying and troubleshooting identified workloads
– Preference will be given to applicants with specific EMC VNX and VMAX hardware knowledge
– Good working knowledge of processes and procedures (like ITIL) and ability to provide clear instructions for the creation of knowledge-based articles
– Excellent English communication capabilities, both written and verbal
– Understanding of backup and restore tooling requirements
– EMC VNX (File and Block) Series, Symmetrix/VMAX and VPlex, Unity, XtremIO, ECS
– Good Working knowledge on SRDF/Mirrorview and TimeFinder/Snapview, configuring Local/Remote Replication operations
– Experience on Symcli, naviseccli, Brocade/Cisco CLI
– Migration tools such as Open replicator, VPLEX, Open Migrator etc.
– Virtualization technologies such as Storage Pools / Thin Provisioning.
– Good working knowledge Fabric Switches: Brocade Cisco
– Knowledge of zoning and extended fabric functionality
– Excellent understanding of storage architecture.
– Excellent working knowledge of multi-path software
– SAN storage performance tuning, capacity, trending and reporting
– Storage System administration, firmware upgrade and downgrade for Storage and SAN Switches.
– Ability to work shift patterns and provide out of hour’s on-call support
– Good 3rd Party Liaison, i.e. Suppliers of storage products and hardware for problem resolution
All of our opportunities require that applicants are eligible to work in the specified country/location, unless otherwise stated in the job description.