Backup Operations Engineer
Backup Operations Engineer
Whitehall Resources are currently looking for an Backup Operations Engineer on a remote basis for an initial 3 month contract.
Who you’ll be working with
You will be working with TSM and VTL Administration backup technologies that underpin our client backup infrastructure. This position is within the clients NEU Managed Services and India Storage support teams that are primarily responsible for providing client centric storage hosting services.
The focus of your role
You will be responsible for operational support of the client’s TSM and VTL Administration as your primary skills and Data Domain/VEEAM as the secondary skill.
As the Storage SME, you will:
– Day-to-day operations of backup platform
– Trouble shooting, fault finding, and hardware knowledge
– In depth understanding of backup systems
– This will require close engagement with on/offshore delivery teams
– Ability to work shift patterns and provide out of hour’s on-call support
– Be prepared to visit Sweden as required (estimated to be frequency of 1-2 trips in a 3-month period)
What you’ll bring:
– Demonstrable troubleshooting skills in TSM and VTL Administration and Data Domain/VEEAM
– Experience with automation techniques to reduce management overhead and improve service levels
– Understanding to produce multi-tier, high-availability infrastructure architectures in an Enterprise environment
– Experience with storage management and monitoring tools
– Experience with executing quick technical feasibility and proposal development for deploying and troubleshooting identified workloads
– Preference will be given to applicants with specific TSM and VTL Administration and Data domain/VEEAM hardware knowledge
– Good working knowledge of processes and procedures (like ITIL) and ability to provide clear instructions for the creation of knowledge-based articles
– Excellent English communication capabilities, both written and verbal
– Understanding of backup and restore tooling requirements
– Good working knowledge of TSM and VEEAM concepts and its working.
– Administration of Data Domain Virtual Tape Library, VEEAM backup
– Troubleshooting on Missed & Failed backups
– Implementing TSM backup policies, storage pools, client schedules and client installation & configuration.
– SQL queries and should able to build scripts in TSM.
– Experience on any TDPs TSM4VE/Oracle/Exchange/Domino/MSSQL.
– Oracle RMAN Backups functioning, understanding and troubleshooting
– Knowledge of configuring NDMP backup/restore
– Backup performance monitoring and optimization
– Good understanding of OS (ESX, windows) and configuring VM backups, snapshots
All of our opportunities require that applicants are eligible to work in the specified country/location, unless otherwise stated in the job description.