This position has been filled
Whitehall Resources currently require an experienced DevOps Engineer to work with a key client based in Essex.
***This role falls Inside IR35***
* Helping to develop automated integration platform and defining best practice and standards
* Administration of Linux servers, delivering a complex web app / middleware integration stack
* Provide mentorship and knowledge transfer to internal team members with the goal of the internal team being self-sufficient in a planned timescale.
* Asset and Configuration Management
* Assist with building a culture of continuous delivery and improvement, ensuring that key systems are regularly analysed, maintained and improved.
* Being involved in the wider development community, identifying good practices we can adopt and sharing our experiences
* Building and configuring new server platforms and the automated tooling to do so
* Building up a useful, robust automated test suite to support a Continuous Deployment environment.
* Develop approved technical standards, and the platform design and promote reuse, make progress towards the future state architecture, simplify the technical environment, and reduce the cost and timeframe of development.
* Ensure that new and updated platforms, products and transactions are thoroughly tested for performance, are able to handle specified load, and can be maintained over the long-term.
* Sharing knowledge of tools and techniques with the wider team, both developers and non-developers
* Supporting development teams with configuring applications for deployment
* Testing, debugging and troubleshooting of platform level problems
* Provide mentorship and Knowledge transfer to internal team members with the goal of the internal team being self-sufficient in a planned timescale.
* Collect and review system data for capacity and planning purposes.
* Analyses capacity data and develops capacity plan for appropriate enterprisewide systems.
* Develops and maintains appropriate lightweight systems documentation.
* Improve the performance of both agile teams and the organisation through the simplification and removal of blockers, impediments
* Experience administering UNIX and Linux Servers
* Experience in Linux system administration / Management, preferably RHEL
* Experience configuring and managing / System administration of Linux servers for serving web / integration development, testing and production services
* Experience with continuous integration, automated deployment, testing and the relevant tooling i.e. Puppet, Chef and Jenkins.
* Strong knowledge of factors influencing performance and ability to tune systems to achieve best possible performance and capacity
* Experience with Release and Configuration Management processes
* Installation and management of open source monitoring tools
* Experience managing and deploying on Cloud based platforms
* Experience debugging a complex multi-server service
* Familiarity with network protocols – TCP/IP, HTTP, SSL, etc.
* Ability to quickly research and learn new programming tools and techniques
* Excellent environment management, automation and Shell scripting skills
* Experience in leading a technical team and defining / improving service processes and procedures
* Strong problem-solving skills and experience debugging a complex multi-server service
* Experience with J2EE application servers e.g. JBOSS, etc.; relational databases e.g. Oracle, etc.; Micro Services environment e.g. Docker, Play, etc. would be very beneficial.
* Familiarity with Web Servers e.g. Apache, etc.; WSO2, integration middleware, messaging, ESB, API management common web application / integration architectures (SOA)
* Experience with Agile methodologies (TDD, SCRUM, Kanban, etc.) and developing product roadmaps, backlogs and measurable success criteria, and of writin
All of our opportunities require that applicants are eligible to work in the specified country/location, unless otherwise stated in the job description.