Data Engineer - Azure
Data Engineer (Azure) – Copenhagen, Denmark
Whitehall Resources are looking for a Data Engineer to work in Copenhagen, Denmark.
Start Date – 01/08/2019
Duration – 3 months +
Scope to be covered by the consultant:
• Job Description
– Transform the delivered CSV files into Azure DW load format (Azure PolyBase based)
– Simple SQL modelling.
– Create model for handling documents connected to the SQL data model (assumed to be based on Data Lake storage gen. 2 BLOB to be accessed via http).
– Create simple model for user access to data (assumed to be based to a simple Azure Power BI Dashboard).
– Support the POC process to a stage where accepted by the stakeholders.
– Build authorisations to restrict access to critical data (GDPS)
• Data migration
– Finalise the POC into production maturity.
– Support the ongoing load process.
– Adapt data type deviation as the occur during the data migration process.
• Build/enhance user interface / reports.
– Based on the developed data model.
General qualifications to solve the task:
• General profile:
– General understanding of DW/BI in an Azure Cloud technology environment
– Experienced in Azure technology
– SQL and data modeling
– Data transformation in relation to loading data into the Azure data containers
– Experience with DataBricks (Python/SQL mapping) is an advantage
• Data containers:
– Azure DW
– Azure SQL DB
– Azure Data Lake storage gen 2 and BLOB storage
• Data transformation:
– Polybase (transformation and load data into Azure DW)
– Python (data transformation)
– Blob storage to handle documents/pictures etc. (incl. mime handling)
• Data access:
– Experienced with utilise Azure AD to protect access to data (authentication/authorisation)
– Simple dashboards to support guided access to data.
– SQL based access to support super users.
If you are interested, please get in touch with Harris on +44 1206 212 101
Whitehall Resources are leading ERP Recruitment specialist in the provision of SAP, Oracle & IT recruitment in the UK and internationally
All of our opportunities require that applicants are eligible to work in the specified country/location, unless otherwise stated in the job description.