Change Communications Lead
Change Communications Lead
Whitehall Resources are currently looking for a Change Communications Lead based in Hertfordshire for an initial 6-12 month contract.
The Communications Lead will create and adapt as needed, coordinated communications ready for use in a variety of channels.
The position requires effective communications experience with social and digital media, stakeholder, user and colleague communications (Internal Communications). In addition, experience of change communications for initiatives with major people transformation aspects, ideally aligned to building high performance teams.
The communications lead is responsible for:
Defining and executing on communications strategies for Science & Enabling Units IT to deliver an informed and engaged stakeholder audience. Including:
– Developing and working to an agreed, integrated communications plan for the function
– Ensuring understanding of the strategy, vision & mission and priorities for the function – integrating these into a plan aligned to our multi-year change plan
– Enhance visibility of the achievement of the function (business value, and delivery from our change programme)
– Support the VP/Head of function with executive level communications and social media (internal and external).
– Partnering with our Heads of IT (for SET functions) and across our respective stakeholder groups to co-ordinate messages, successes and opportunities
– Multi-channel, multi-route communications and engagement with new and existing colleagues within the function
– Fostering improvement in communications across the function – including coaching leaders to be more effective communicators
– Working in an aligned way with the IT Head of Communications and Global Corporate Affairs team (dotted line)
Key skills and experience:
– Sound problem identification, judgment, resolution and decision-making skills often in ambiguous situations.
– Excellent written communication skills, maintained to a high standard during times of extreme time-pressure.
– An ability to assess the priority of multiple incoming inquiries from customers and internal employees.
– Ability to collaborate with multiple stakeholders and to work effectively with executives.
– Broad cross-company interaction requiring excellent communication skills.
– Demonstrated capacity to lead others collaboratively, under pressure, to reach cross group consensus in short periods of time.
– The ability to grasp the dynamics of an issue, creatively think through possible approaches and articulate the way in which a situation can be explained and contextualized for various audiences.
All of our opportunities require that applicants are eligible to work in the specified country/location, unless otherwise stated in the job description.