Data Architect required for an initial 6 month contract based in Lancashire with weekly travel to Yorkshire
Key Skills/Experience required;
– Expert level data modelling, conceptual through to physical, relational, object, analytical and NoSQL.
– At least 10 years data modelling experience in a software engineering environment.
– Expert in domain driven design and Microservices.
– Expert in designing analytical database models from underlying transaction data.
– Hands own experience in Mongo DB, Hadoop, Tableau, Clik and Spark
– Past experience in designing and delivering Data migration projects specifically, migrating databases from premises to cloud.
– Expert level in the creation and maintenance of enterprise data artefacts.
– Highly proficient in at least one query language for each of the following: relational; analytical; NoSQL.
– Proven innovator with proficient software engineering skills to prototype relational; analytical; NoSQL solutions.
– Highly motivated with experience of selecting and working with data and data tools.
– Experience of canonical modelling.
– Capable of engaging senior stakeholders.
– Capable of developing and maintaining strong working relationships within the organisation and third party suppliers.
– Able to manage their time effectively and work proactively across projects as well as BAU tasks.
– Written and verbal skills to enable them to communicate complex data and information problems and solutions.
– Experience of developing data strategies, policies and standards.
– Have experience of working within Public sector end client or a comparable organisation within the last 3 years
– TOGAF Practitioner
As a Data Architect you will be able to demonstrate expertise in leading enterprise data architecture and design for large complex businesses.
– Your credible track record of designing for Microservices, external data ingestion, real-time data analytics, domain-driven master data model, event-driven enterprise data-sharing, authoritative data sources and an external API exchange will be utilized in a continuously improving, challenging and satisfying environment.
-You’ll thrive creating value using large, diverse data volumes, e.g. by using Tableau, Clik, C3, Hadoop / Spark / SQL / Mongo Atlas/ Python to create modelling features from underlying transactional data.
– You will be willing to roll up your sleeves periodically to co-create solutions hands-on through modern data science and general programming languages
– You will be comfortable working in a cross-functional team (including UX, analysts, statisticians, engineers, product owners, security risk, etc.).
– Your significant experience in design and implementation along with your excellent technical and analytical skills will be put to the test on a regularly challenging basis.
All of our opportunities require that applicants are eligible to work in the specified country/location, unless otherwise stated in the job description.