Cloud Engineer required by Whitehall Resources on a 6 month initial contract based in West Sussex
The candidate will have an opportunity to work on an interesting greenfield project. Ideally they will have experience implementing AWS cloud native applications on a range of projects, with a proven track record in delivering simple solutions to complex requirements. This will involve deploying, automating, maintaining and managing AWS cloud based production systems, to ensure their availability, performance and scalability.
– Actively creating DevOps ways of working by removing silos between traditional functional teams.
– Working alongside other engineers in the industry, providing the code, services and knowledge to deliver a smooth automation process from the start to the end of the project lifecycle.
– Strong Linux and troubleshooting skills, scripting and automation.
– Two or more years of experience working with Big Data implementation, administration and support
– A minimum of one year experience in the delivery and development of the continuous integration pipeline for the Hadoop stack.
– A minimum of one year working with AWS in production environments
– Experience with Hadoop clusters, HDFS, Spark, Hive, MapReduce, Pig, Zookeeper, Oozie
– Experience in building and managing NoSQL Databases like HBase or Cassandra.
– Experience of at least one configuration management tool e.g.: Puppet, Ansible, Chef.
– Demonstrable experience of infrastructure as code.
– AWS cloud native application delivery
– Good understanding of containers and ECS
– Experience with creating automated build and deployment pipelines
– Strong Terraform skills
– Good understanding of Linux and networking concepts
– Good verbal and written communication skills
– Ability to demonstrate Tech leadership for team of other engineers, whilst being comfortable with hands on work doing the above as well.
– We are looking for extensive experience with a wide range of continuous delivery and DevOps tools, well versed with Terraform and the Hashicorp stack with a deep understanding of containerised applications Docker/Kubernetes/ECS.
– Experience working as a Linux/Unix system administrator
– Have a keen eye for security and cryptographic concerns.
– A good understanding of using robust Software Engineering best practices/methodologies.
– An understanding of cloud concepts and how to automate the build over specific
– APIs within the cloud.
– Good communication skills, both in written and verbal form.
– An appetite to learn and an understanding of new technologies.
All of our opportunities require that applicants are eligible to work in the specified country/location, unless otherwise stated in the job description.