Whitehall Resources currently require an experienced Cobol developer to work with a ley client based in West Sussex
Role description –
A Cobol developer is required to support the S12 development team. The S12 development team deliver changes within the S12 contract and also contribute to Change Requests where the changes proposed have resulted in changes within the S12 system.
The Developer will work within a Development team, and may be involved in development of new products and maintenance of existing products.
* Carrying out development in accordance with the agreed requirements and development standards
* Testing of products in accordance with the test strategy to ensure that they are fit for purpose
* Assisting the Scrum Master in examining packages of work and giving realistic timescales for completion
* Completion of work allocated within agreed time, cost and quality criteria and providing progress reports on assigned work as required
* Management and control of problems and change within their area of responsibility as requested by the Scrum * Master, including negotiation with other teams as necessary
* Prompt escalation of problems, issues and risks as necessary
* Playing an active part in Process improvement, awareness of and compliance with all relevant quality processes and procedures, including completion of all the specified quality records
Mandatory Technical Skills –
* Knowledge of Cobol and DB2
Other skills required –
* Full knowledge of the development lifecycle
* Business Intelligence
* Warehouse Design
* Data Modelling
* Awareness of Risk, Change & Problem Management
* Awareness of Configuration Management
* JCL, ZOS, IBM, MS Office tools
* Knowledge of Agile methodology, Jira/Confluence
All of our opportunities require that applicants are eligible to work in the specified country/location, unless otherwise stated in the job description.