SAP BW Consultant - SC Cleared
SAP BW Consultant – SC Cleared
Whitehall Resources are currently looking for a SAP BW Consultant – SC Cleared
– The Lead SAP BW Consultant will be accountable for operational excellence in service delivery across the SAP BW landscapes, including all live and non-live instances.
– The successful applicant will work very closely with the Applications, Technical, and the Service Integrator, and the Clients Infrastructure teams, to ensure the level of service and availability matches or exceeds the current and future needs of the business.
– The Lead SAP BW Consultant role in the end client’s Support Team has overall technical accountability for the SAP BW Area (functional and technical) for both application support and applications development functions performed.
– The SAP Lead BW Consultant will report to the Technical Product Manager for the Service.
– Work with cross-functional Business and IT teams of business analysts, data analysts, data modelers, solution architects, and project managers during all SDLC phases.
– Translates functional requirements into technical specifications.
– Analyze, design, develop and implement new functionality and changes to the existing functions in the current BW environment.
– Can work Independently and take responsibilities of BW deliverables.
– Build and enhance BW objects such as InfoObjects, InfoCubes, InfoSources/Data Sources, Master Data, Transfer Rules, and Transformations, Update Rules, DSO, Advanced DSO, Composite Providers, Extractors, Process Chains.
– Create/Update Start routine, End routine, DTP routine, User exits and debugging.
– Administers/coordinates upgrades and system patches; provides project leadership of large-scale system modifications.
– Monitor daily BW loads, communicate and troubleshoot issues with data integrity, data design, and functional and technical software issues.
– Perform routine program modifications, performance tuning, problem-solving, debugging, and unit testing.
– Participates in design and development reviews.
– Ensures performance metrics are met and tracked.
– Coordinate and support User Acceptance test with users on fixes and new releases (upgrades) of reports.
– Responsible for ensuring that best practice standards and methods are applied as appropriate.
– 5-10 years of diversified information technology experience and strong knowledge of SAP BI/BW are required.
– Strong experience in SAP BW 7.3/7.4, BW Data Modelling, BEx Query designing.
– Strong experience in ABAP for BW, Start/End Routines and User Exits.
– Strong debugging and troubleshooting skills.
– Preferred with experience in BW modelling.
– Skilled in SAP BW Performance Tuning and Optimisation Techniques.
– Knowledge and awareness on new SAP Tools & Technologies.
– Good understanding of SAP Business Objects XI 3.1, 4.0 architecture and integration with SAP, SAP HANA.
All of our opportunities require that applicants are eligible to work in the specified country/location, unless otherwise stated in the job description.