This position has been filled
Project Manager required by Whitehall Resources on an initial 6 month contract based in Essex.
Role & Responsibilities:
– Schedule management: develop and maintain schedules in Clarity/Open Workbench
– Financial management: Accountable for the project cost base, manage project costs and forecasts and present project costs and variances with required explanations at the monthly review
– Risk management: identify project and cross-project risks and dependencies. Manage dependencies and enact risk mitigations with escalations as necessary
– Change management: Manage change on the project ensuring that change is appropriately configuration managed. Identify the impactors for both customer and project initiated change requests and manage the production of accurate responses in a timely manner. Facilitate the production and distribution of any necessary tech notes and arrange impacting workshops as necessary
– Customer management: Identify and maintain professional relationships with key project stakeholders. Ensure regular formal checkpoints take place with the customer and that the client is kept appraised of progress on a regular basis. Take the role of a single point of contact for the customer and attend to any adhoc queries. Develop trusting and professional relationships at all levels of the client organisation. Seek new opportunities to improve the client business and
– Resource management: Work with resource managers to fully resource project and accurately forecast and record staffing demand and costs. Agree assignments and provide reviews in a timely manner. Ensure that HR policies are adhered to and that team members are released when no longer required by the project. Actively mentor and coach others within the project team
– Proposal management: Good level of commercial awareness, develop and present business cases, feasibility and design proposals. Proficient at managing the impacting and estimating process for proposals and change requests. Develop solid recommendations and solutions and assess requirements and the value delivered to the client
– Communication management: Produce the project governance plan and define the project RACI matrix and organisation structure. Chair regular project checkpoints and ad-hoc meetings. Report project progress to line management, client, stakeholders and the account leadership team. Where necessary, provide clear and concise escalations to specific parties
– Implementation management: Manage and direct the execution and implementation of the engagement. Ensure that the project completes the handover to Live process and engages service introduction. Raise the necessary RFCs and present the project/delivery at the Change Approval Board. Agree client acceptance criteria and trial plans and ensure that the project meets the required targets. Complete the project close-down and ensure that the project evaluation review meeting is held in a timely manner and that any actions arising are completed.
– Open Work Bench
– MS Office
Mandatory Business skills:
– Good communicator
– Ability to influence and coach others
– Excellent team working skills
– Strong understanding of the e2e process
– Good client facing skills
– Good conflict management and negotiation skills
All of our opportunities require that applicants are eligible to work in the specified country/location, unless otherwise stated in the job description.