Whitehall Resources require an ETL Engineer to work with a client based in Shropshire.
* You will attend client work-shops and provide consultancy/advice on technical decisions and designs
* Act as technical consultant at client and internal proposal/bid/design workshops
* Analyse business requirements, translating to technical solution design, incorporating key considerations to all functional and non-functional requirements
* Break down design to component development streams, lead developers, providing quality review, technical advice and leadership to successful delivery
* Maintain hands-on elements of component development, often taking ownership for the most complex solution elements
* Contribute to the continuous review and improvement of the delivery group’s technical strategy, and delivery process improvements maintaining and improving quality and efficiency of delivery.
* Act as a coach and mentor to the delivery groups wider software engineering community; maintaining an awareness of related product and toolset developments in the industry, assessing for applicability and delivering knowledge sharing to the delivery group.
* Provide performance feedback on those you interact with in the course of delivery of this role
* Ensure development standards and processes are followed and quality software products are delivered.
* You have mastered several Software Engineering areas, applications or database environments.
* You will have subject matter expert in several of our key technologies and have an awareness of technology sets across the data engineering, data/devops and data analytics sphere.
* You will have extensive experience in the data warehousing solution design, ETL solution and process design and the configuration /implementation key data analytics toolsets to deliver business insights reporting (e.g. SAS analytics, BOXI, Pentaho BA, Power BI)
* Experience of delivery of data solutions in the Cloud, using industry leading platforms such as AWS, Azure, and an understanding of Platform as a service (PaaS) and Infrastructure and Code (IaC) concepts.
* You will be fully familiar with Agile software /solutions delivery, and be able to work closely with Product Owner, Scrum Master, Agile team members and contribute to sprint planning, sprint delivery, blocker resolution, sprint demos, sprint retrospectives and provide expert technical support and guidance to the scrum team.
* Oracle database, SQL, PLSQL, Unix
* Hadoop Cloudera Ecosystem
* Pentaho DI, BA, Ctools
* Terraform, Ansible, Artifactory
* Jenkins, Git, Bitbucket, Maven
* AW Redshift, Azure
* Cloud computing concepts
* Strong stakeholder management skills
* Excellent communication skills, including presenting to clients
* Ability to lead technical teams and support resolution of problems and issues
* Ability to coach and mentor less experienced engineers
* Familiar with Agile delivery methods, including Agile at scale
*Must be SC cleared or SC eligible
All of our opportunities require that applicants are eligible to work in the specified country/location, unless otherwise stated in the job description.