Senior Cyber Security Specialist
Senior Cyber Security Specialist required by Whitehall Resources on an initial 12 month contract based in West Midlands.
Role & Responsibilities:
– Monitor and respond to security related activities within the business
– Lead the investigation and response of security related incidents
– Analyse network traffic to identify potential threats to network resources
– Analyse identified malicious activity, TTPs and exploits and drive remediation / mitigation.
– Accurate and timely report on relevant cyber security metrics
– Provide technical assistance for cyber security projects
– Support the audit and regulatory security function
– Coordinate with other departments as required to manage or carry out security related activities.
– Responsible for assessing and reporting on the security posture of the organisation
Skills & Experience:
The ideal candidate will be experienced with a wide variety of technologies and systems and be able to:
– Demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge and experience of working within OT, IT or Cyber Security consultancy or services provision.
– Demonstrate a technical understanding of how common systems communicate.
– Understand the technical challenges faced in corporate networks.
– Work with multiple service owners and find effective paths to deliver secure systems and processes
– Bring an open approach to assessing and resolving problems.
– Demonstrate an excellent level of analytical and problem-solving skills.
– Prioritise work in a fluid manner and work well within a time-constrained environment
– Demonstrate experience in conducting cyber security risk and vulnerability assessments
– Demonstrate experience improving key cybersecurity and/or OT controls in corporate environments
-Demonstrate working knowledge and experience of working with security tools such as: SIEM, IDS/IPS, Vulnerability Management, Advanced malware detection, Antivirus, Privileged Identity Management, etc.
– Demonstrate adequate experience supporting the secure development and delivery of business change initiatives
– Support programme delivery and be able to work 100% on Capital Projects.
– Demonstrate exposure and/or experience of revelant frameworks and standards such as NIST, ISO27000, NISD, Cyber Essentials Plus and OWASP.
– Experience within a problem solving or incident resolution environment.
– Experience of working within a functional security group
– Ability to communicate technical matters in a plain language for non-technical audiences
– Prior experience working within a SOC or IR position.
– Relevant security or technical certifications or qualifications
-Degree level education or relevant experience
– Full UK Driving Licence
– Capable of gaining SC Clearance (desirable)
All of our opportunities require that applicants are eligible to work in the specified country/location, unless otherwise stated in the job description.