Whitehall Resources are currently looking for a Business Analyst based in Hampshire for an initial 3-month contract.
– Leads on work with business system colleagues to clarify requirements, to plan implementation and to answer queries through the development process
– Marshals and documents requirements for the subsequent identification of an appropriate solution and the detailed design of a business process to accommodate it
– Assists in the management and development of the Business Analyst team in line with the goals of the manager
– Oversees business analysis projects and tasks
– Plans, prioritises, manages, executes and evaluates analysis work on multiple complex projects and/or critical projects
– Works with the business to understand and prioritise conflicting needs
– Undertakes personal responsibility for IT data security by ensuring that rules and practices are identified
– Identifies and determines complex end-to-end business processes impacting multiple discrete business areas using all available methods
– Presents complex business and technical concepts to all levels of customer
– Identifies, assesses and evaluates business and IT risk
– Prepares succinct reports and communications on complex business processes and progression that are tailored to different situations and audiences; able to educate others in effective report writing
– Oversees in depth scoping exercises during the early stages of work packages; educates junior analysts in effective scoping exercises
Experience from a similar support or development role in supporting business critical/complex systems in a large organisation and demonstrates an all-encompassing breadth and depth of knowledge and experience.
– Full understanding of the gas and electricity industry dataflows, metering standards and regulations
– Able to give guidance to staff at all levels
– Demonstrates a firm knowledge of industry practice and maintains good relationships with colleagues from the Regulatory Department.
Functional and Technical Skills:
– Forms judgements based on logical conclusions that have been drawn from available facts
– Accurately visualises and clearly articulates proposed solutions to business problems provided by design team to business areas
Communication and Personal Attributes:
– A proactive approach with the ability to prioritise own and others’ workload within demanding schedules
– Excellent written and verbal skills
– Takes ownership of problems and requests and maintains quality of work even in a pressurised environment
– Excellent time management skills; able to effectively plans own and others’ time
– Excellent facilitation skills; ensures people reach agreement and develop effective work practices
Problem Solving, Analysis and Reasoning:
– A systematic, disciplined and analytical approach to problem solving
– Excellent analysis and knowledge transfer skills to a proven professional level
– Takes responsibility for investigative work to determine business requirements and specify effective business processes, through improvements in information systems, information management, practices, procedures, and organisation change.
– Applies and monitors the use of modelling and analysis tools, methods and standards, giving special consideration to business perspectives.
– Collaborates with stakeholders at all levels, in the conduct of investigations for strategy studies, business requirements specifications and feasibility studies.
– Prepares business cases which define potential benefits, options for achieving these benefits through development of new or changed processes, and associated business risks.
– Carries out risk assessment within a defined functional or technical area of business.
– Analyses business process
All of our opportunities require that applicants are eligible to work in the specified country/location, unless otherwise stated in the job description.