Whitehall Resources are currently looking for a SQL DBA based in Surrey for an initial 3-6-month contract.
– Design, build and maintain SQL to load data from various sources including external clients and internal systems.
– Design, build and maintain processes that monitor the status of automated SQL jobs.
– Design, build and maintain SQL and other processes to load data from various source systems into the Data Warehouse SQL environment
– Identify opportunities to improve processes and performance.
– Ensure the requisite levels of security are in place to restrict access to those individuals and processes that require it. This included database encryption where required.
– Work with Operational and Commercial colleagues to understand the business information requirements.
– Work with Business Intelligence and other IT colleagues to meet the demands of the business and to promote enhanced solutions.
– Ensure the line manager is informed of any potentially serious issues in a timely manner.
– Always follow industry recognised best practices when designing and implementing solutions where realistically possible.
– Provide technical support to colleagues in the IT department.
– Any other duties that may reasonably be required from time to time including ad hoc work at other offices where work necessitates being on location.
Skill and Experience:
– Highly skilled in Microsoft SQL including an in depth knowledge of Transact-SQL, Query Analyser, DTS and Scheduler, store procedures, views, SSIS
– Able to design, build and maintain automated SSIS packages.
– Knowledge of transactional database designs & modelling
– DBA responsibilities, including backups, security (SQL, AD, NTFS), performance tuning and database maintenance.
– Familiarity with database encryption such as TDE (Transparent Data Encryption)
– Skilled in Business Analysis & demonstrate an ability to understand clearly what the business information need is behind any request and shape the solution accordingly.
– Experience of working with clients or third-party technical departments
– At least 3 years’ experience in a corporate environment.
All of our opportunities require that applicants are eligible to work in the specified country/location, unless otherwise stated in the job description.