Oracle Database Administrator
Oracle Database Administrator
Oracle Database Administrator required by Whitehall Resources for a 3 Year project assignment for our client based in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
Experience & Skills:
– Five years of professional experience in administering Oracle databases
– A bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related field of study
– Must have experience installing, configuring and utilizing Oracle RAC systems including ASM
– Must have significant experience in utilizing Oracle Database 12c and OEM
– Must have hands-on experience with Oracle Data Guard and understand different configurations
– Must have knowledge and experience in troubleshooting application performance issues as they relate to database usage and must be familiar with the tools to troubleshoot performance issues
– Needs extensive experience with RMAN and understand backup options with the tool
– Must be able to perform the following DBA tasks:
– Monitor production systems and databases daily using Enterprise Manager
– Create or copy databases as needed
– Promote data model changes through multiple test and production environments
– Create and manage documentation for databases and processes
– Follow established processes to perform daily and ad hoc tasks
– Partition databases based on growth and performance
– Grant, control and delete database access based on security requests
– Maintain secure databases including periodic password changes
– Ensure that database backups are working properly and perform ad-hoc backups as needed
– Recommend run-time improvements (RTIs) for batch processes
– Interact with stakeholders from various groups on database-related matters
– Develop and distribute database performance reports
– Restore databases to a prior backup or to a point in time
– Monitor database performance through (AWR) Automated Workload Repository and optimize when appropriate
– Monitor system for invalid objects
– Create or modify backup scripts
– Plan for and monitor database space usage
– Assist developers with coding, performance and system issues
– Perform SQL tuning and optimization
Duties and Responsibility
– Performs general database administrative tasks including user account management, access control, database optimization and error resolution
– Participates on project teams and works cooperatively with other IT professionals to achieve project results
– Interacts with a diverse group of database users including end users as well as IT management
– Utilizes a help desk and ticketing system for tracking issues to resolution
– Works with application developers to optimize and tune programmatic database access
Start Date is 20th September 2019!
Please Apply Now!!
Whitehall Resources are leading ERP Recruitment specialist in the provision of SAP, Oracle & IT recruitment in the UK and Internationally.
All of our opportunities require that applicants are eligible to work in the specified country/location, unless otherwise stated in the job description.