Whitehall Resources are currently looking for a Solution Architect based in the East Midlands for an initial 3-month contract.
Overall purpose of role:
– Responsible for creating technology solutions to meet business requirements, in line with Cluster and Group IT Strategies and Architectures
– Working with the relevant product Owner, Scrum master, Lead Solutions Designer or Technical Lead – responsible for ensuring that the outcomes delivered by projects are consistent with the original solution
– Support the development of systems strategy and plan for the supported business area
– Provide ad-hoc consultancy as required to the business on technical matters
Key Accountabilities and Skills required:
– Responsible for creating technology solutions, architectural visions, and stage 0 costs, to meet business requirements, in line with Cluster and Group IT Strategies and Architectures. Work with supply chain (including external) as appropriate.
– Adding clarity to business requirements; challenges business requirements and demands to ensure high quality candidate solutions are created
– Identifying common or duplicative needs across SBU, Cluster & GTIS
– Thinks outside of the box to support the business in delivering its strategic objectives rather than just responding to a pre-defined request,
– Works with project managers and Global Technology Sourcing to advise on supplier and cost options, and to ensure that the validity of the overall solution is fully represented and considered in any RFI/RFPs process, or in the creation and evaluation of proof of concept solutions
– Takes responsibility for ensuring that solutions adhere to architectural and quality standards and policies.
– Working with the relevant project manager and Lead Solutions Architect, responsible for ensuring that the outcomes delivered by projects are consistent with the original solution specified. This will be achieved by reviewing project design artefacts (e.g. Architectural Visions) and the impact of significant change requests.
– Provide advice and guidance to business stakeholders in shaping the portfolio of technology solutions to be provided to the business
– Contribute to broader architectural governance activities by participating in peer reviews for other solutions.
– Maintains detailed awareness of, takes fully into account as necessary, and promotes throughout the organisation, any relevant statutory, internal or external regulations, standards and codes of good practice. Is capable of contributing to the definition of such regulations, standards and codes.
– Provide coaching, mentoring and some informal task-based supervision of less experienced (B5) solutions designers.
– Working with the relevant Lead Solutions Designer and CAO, supports the creation of an appropriate IT Strategy for the relevant business area.
– Supports the Systems Planning process to ensure interdependencies are understood and that the proposed plan is viable.
– Influence the relevant business strategy to maximize the effective use of technology.
– Maintains knowledge of relevant technical specialism(s) at the highest level, by reading relevant literature, attending conferences and seminars, meeting and maintaining contact with other leading practitioners of the technical specialism and though playing a major role in appropriate learned, professional and trade bodies. Build relationship with manufacturers, supply channels and SI partners.
– Keeps in close touch with and contributes to current developments in the relevant technical specialism (s) within Technology, own industry and outside. Is fluent at articulating best practice
– Where appropriate to role, is a recognized authority in the technical specialism
Experience – What does the role holder need to have done before?
All of our opportunities require that applicants are eligible to work in the specified country/location, unless otherwise stated in the job description.