This position has been filled
Global Cash & Banking Manager
Global Cash and Banking Manager
Whitehall Resources are looking for a Global Cash and Banking Manager based in Cambridge for a 12-month initial period.
The role of Interim Global Cash & Banking Manager is a very critical one and will work closely with the business and across the Finance function to manage cash and banking globally and with responsibility for service delivery through a network of service centres and utilising a variety of technology platforms.
This is a highly visible role that puts you at the heart of driving performance in a growing global company with a seat on the C2C Leadership Team.
Main duties and responsibilities:
– Managing effective and efficient service delivery globally
– Driving operational performance to meet or exceed targets
– Identifying improvement opportunities and implementing change
– Maintaining a clear focus on end to end process performance across the enterprise. Maintaining and developing a strong enterprise partnership for delivery (Finance, IT and the wider business)
– Supporting local teams with BAU activities (bank recs, payment approvals, SOX controls)
– Deep knowledge of business-to-business banking process management and operational knowledge of cash and banking processes ideally on a global scale
– Experience in working collaboratively with Banking Partners across the globe
– Minimum of 5 years’ experience in leading high-volume cash and banking processes within a multinational organisation
– Track record of driving simplification and continuous improvement across end to end processes
– Ability to communicate at all levels within the organisation and with strong communication and stakeholder management drive a change agenda to delivery and benefits
– Team player, able to work under pressure in a busy environment and adhere to strict deadlines
– Ability to work globally and lead a virtual team
– Deep understanding of SAP
– Finance qualification (e.g. ACCA, CIMA etc.)
– Qualification in Lean / Six Sigma
– Experience of working with Shared Service Centres and / or Business Process Outsourcing partners
– Excellent spoken and written English and the ability to communicate and influence stakeholders across all levels of the organisation
– Understanding of SOX internal control requirements, with accomplishments in establishing assurance models across business groups and processes
All of our opportunities require that applicants are eligible to work in the specified country/location, unless otherwise stated in the job description.