Performance Analyst required by Whitehall Resources for a 5 month initial contract based in London.
You will be responsible for analysing user behaviours in government digital services and content. You will focus on digital analytics but also work with data from other sources. Your insights will drive prioritisation, helping product owners to focus on features that work best for users.
This is not a database manager or management information role.
You will be proactive and work effectively in a multidisciplinary agile team to help them identify “what success looks like”, develop hypotheses, implement tracking, ensure data is accurate and significant and then provide analysis and actionable insight through effective storytelling and data visualisation.
Youll be expected to work with the whole agile team, initially on one project, but likely moving to another team in time.
– deliver analysis, especially using digital analytics, to help product owners make decisions based on evidence
– lead the project team to measure and assess outcomes, for example, what success looks like, developing hypotheses and measurement frameworks
– collect relevant and accurate digital data by managing and developing digital analytics instrumentation – working with developers
– collect and analyse offline data, e.g. from call centres
– identify where user experience can be improved and working with teams to overcome barriers
– work closely with user researchers to combine the ‘what’ and ‘why’ of user behaviour
– provide recommendations for action based on user data in easily understandable and engaging ways – such as show and tells, blog posts, dashboards
– contribute to the performance analysis community; assisting with training and knowledge transfer of digital analysis principles to wider audiences and expanding your own and others’ data analysis skills
– line management of any associate performance analysts, when recruited
– work independently, although seek guidance when necessary
We work in an agile environment. You must be at ease with rapidly changing deadlines, workloads and goals.
Skills and experience
It’s essential that you have:
– experience in digital analytics and data analysis, instrumenting, administration and analysis
– detailed understanding of, and practical experience of using different data tools to transform and analyse different data sets
– experience of discovering and sharing analytical insight with stakeholders with various levels of analytical expertise and at all levels of seniority
– experience of gathering and understanding technical requirements and working with developers to build suitable technical solutions
– strong proficiency with spreadsheets
– strong communication skills
It’s desirable that you have:
– a digital analytics certification
– a degree, that demonstrates numeracy and experience in digital analytics and data analysis
– experience of working in an agile, project-based environment, focussed on delivering user needs
– experience in AB testing/multivariate testing
– experience of measuring outcomes and ROIs in publishing and transactional environments
– experience of using digital analytics APIs
– experience with search engine optimisation tools
– an understanding of, and practical experience with data analysis and visualisation tools,
– experience in one or more of the following areas:
* python or R
* statistics – e.g. regression, classification and clustering
* data security and privacy (privacy-preserving data mining, data security, data provenance)
All of our opportunities require that applicants are eligible to work in the specified country/location, unless otherwise stated in the job description.