Front End Developer
Front End Developer
Whitehall Resources are currently looking for a Front End Developer located in West yorkshire
Front-end developers work collaboratively in multi-disciplinary agile scrum teams to develop, modify and maintain the user interfaces for new digital services. As a Front-end Developer at with us, you will focus on developing user interfaces that will help users manage their tax affairs more effectively, supporting the move to digital by default. Using agile methods, you will work closely with other members of the scrum team throughout the development cycle in order to design, build, test, maintain and support the new digital services. We are looking for flexible, skilled Front-end developers to fill this role.
– Build, deploy and operate outstanding digital services within an agile environment that meet well-defined user needs
– Provide mentorship and/or line management for more junior Front-end developers where necessary
– Contribute to a culture of continual improvement in which key systems “owned” by your digital service team are regularly analysed, maintained and improved.
– Contribute to a robust automated test suite to work in a continuous integration environment
– Become involved in the wider web development community building relationships with other front-end developers and identifying best practices we can adopt
– Sharing knowledge of tools and techniques with technical and non-technical team members in the wider digital team and across government
– Completion of work allocated within agreed time, cost and quality criteria and providing progress reports on assigned work as required
– Prompt escalation of problems, issues and risks as necessary
Technologies & Technical Skills:
– HTML, HTML5, CSS, CSS3, SASS, BEM (Block, Element and Modifier naming convention)
– Scripting or basic programming skills. Familiarity with network protocols – TCP/IP, HTTP, SSL, etc.
– Understanding of application deployment strategies and continuous integration
– Working within a product-centric environment
– Experience with, and appreciation of, Agile/Lean development methods, practices and techniques
– Solid development experience preferably in Open Source language
– Experience with continuous integration tool, such as Jenkins
– Experience testing and automated testing tools, such as Selenium, Gatling, Cucumber, Gherkin
– Familiar with common diagnostic methodologies, and the deployment and use of monitoring tools incl. Grafana, Kibana, Dashing, Google Analytics
– Agile Methodology
– Lateral thinking: generate innovative approaches and solutions to complex problems
– Pragmatism: delivery-focused, adaptable and responsive
– Influencing skills to drive change and continuous improvement
– Self-starter with demonstrable career progression through personal initiative
– Passionate and energetic: ambitious, committed, drives immediacy and urgency
– Strong people skills: communication, negotiation, listening
– Demonstrable ability to learn new platforms and technologies quickly
– Confident to engage with client
All of our opportunities require that applicants are eligible to work in the specified country/location, unless otherwise stated in the job description.