Azure Environment Manager
Azure Environment Manager
Whitehall Resources are currently looking for an Azure Environment Manager
The client is currently modernising its Business Working Environment allowing us to adopt a Cloud Services strategy. The initial phase of this programme introduced Microsoft Office 365, Workday and Azure IaaS but is now progressing to include a growing number of SaaS products as legacy Line of Business applications are replatformed, migrated or retired. The current planning assumption is for a hybrid-cloud architecture with a mix of SaaS, IaaS, PaaS plus onpremise hosting for any service that cannot be migrated to the cloud.
The client is now recruiting an additional Azure Cloud Environments Manager to supplement our existing team. The role will be responsible for designing, configuring and managing multiple production and non-production environments to support project delivery. These environments will be a mix of IaaS/SaaS/PaaS solutions, prominently on Microsoft Azure, focussing initially on a major Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) implementation project. Whilst this is a deeply technical, duties will also include stakeholder meetings with both internal and external service providers. It will also include the initial setup and deployment of new solutions and the transition to live services with members of the operational team whom will oversee production application and infrastructure support.
– Report to the IS Modernisation Programme Architect to liaise extensively with other project architects within the Modernisation Programme.
– Liaise with the IT/Infrastructure operations team
– Liaise with the Application Support team
– Liaise with external vendor support teams
– Liaise with internal stakeholders providing support and guidance for new projects
Main Role & Responsibilities:
– Produce Azure design pattern solutions to meet business requirements
– Create documentation around the setup and implementation of those design patterns
– Lead the implementation of Azure solutions for new patterns or products
– Participate in non-functional testing, particularly around business resiliency
– Engage with Microsoft around solving business and technical problems in the Azure ecosystem
– Provide technical oversight, review and quality control of Azure artefacts throughout the programme
– Contribute to the development of Azure standards, best practices and organisational capability
– Act as an escalation point / SME for Azure technical issues and decisions
– Hands-on experience of designing and implementing compute, networking, storage and database services in Cloud Environments
– Understanding of elasticity and scalability concepts
– Understanding of network technologies as they relate to Azure Cloud services
– A good understanding of all security features and tools that Microsoft provides and how they relate to traditional services 0
– Hands-on experience with Azure deployment and management services
– Experience of integrating SaaS applications into corporate systems including Single Sign-On and identity management
– Bachelor’s degree in Information Security, Computer Science or related field required. Advanced degree preferred
– Professional qualifications / Microsoft Cloud Certifications
All of our opportunities require that applicants are eligible to work in the specified country/location, unless otherwise stated in the job description.