This position has been filled
Cloud Architect - SC Cleared
Whitehall Resources require a Cloud Architect with active security clearance to work with a client based in Berkshire.
* The Principal Domain Architect provides leadership as well as in-depth expertise in the design and implementation of Information Technology (IT) solutions in order to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the Organisation’s entire IT infrastructure including voice, data and control networks, servers, storage and data centres.
* The Principal Domain Architect contributes to the definition of the organisations technical strategy, architecture roadmap, standards and patterns for IT infrastructure and provides technical advice and guidance in support of its implementation. This role also provides technical leadership on a set of IT delivery projects as part of a complex programme.
* Assessment of proposed solution architecture specifications and change requests to ensure alignment with defined technical strategy, architecture roadmap, standards and patterns.
* Verification of delivered technical solutions against previously approved architecture specifications and change requests.
* Assume the role of Lead Architect on many delivery projects;
– Assist business and technical analysts with the identification of business requirements.
– Support the solution architects and the architectural design for IT infrastructure solutions.
– Provide support to project managers for the creation of plans, timescales, costs and risks for the implementation of IT solutions.
– Own and deliver the Design Control Plan and lead the technical design reviews.
* Maintain and promote high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security and quality and be a great team player.
* Additional accountabilities for this job profile may be defined and appointed through the Chief Engineer Management Arrangements, with appointees listed within the Company Design Authorities and Technical Authorities, as held in the company management system.
* Definition of technical strategy, architecture roadmap, standards and patterns to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the organisations IT infrastructure.
* Work closely with the CTO and BRMs to:
– Understand the current and future business needs of the organisation and determine how these can be best supported by the IT infrastructure.
– Identify and promote ideas for improvement in the organisations current IT infrastructure.
– Develop and maintain relationships with senior representatives from the organisations strategic partners and key suppliers.
* Maintain general awareness of developments in the IT infrastructure marketplace including vendor strategies and report on their potential impact on the organisation.
* Lead technology selection and procurement processes including the development of business cases
and cost estimates.
* Participate in and support the operation of the IS Architecture Review Board.
* Support and deliver high quality and timely output to the MOD customer when required.
* Guide and support technical service managers and others on the creation of change requests related to the IT infrastructure.
* Maintain awareness of industry methods and techniques for Enterprise and Technical Architecture and make recommendations for their adoption where appropriate.
* Contribute to the development of the Technical Architecture Team, including coaching and mentoring of individuals and tasking of 3rd party resources.
* Become an expert and lead in the strategy and delivery of the Business and technical domains assigned to the role.
* The Company may require you to fulfil any other reasonable duties aligned to your position from time to time in line with business needs.
* Professional certification in Enterprise Architecture such as TOGAF
* A bache
All of our opportunities require that applicants are eligible to work in the specified country/location, unless otherwise stated in the job description.