This position has been filled
Infrastructure Engineer required by Whitehall Resources for an initial 3 month contract based in London with an immediate start
– Be responsible for the smooth daily running of our clients IT infrastructure including servers, desktops and network.
– Manage projects, development and upgrade of IT services to meet business requirements.
– Liaise with third party suppliers to ensure services are maintained and SLAs met.
– Ensure proactive efforts to ensure stability, continuity and availability of IT services to all users.
– Provide IT support and development for the our clients Servers, Desktops, LAN, WAN Business Application and POS environments.
– Effective management of third party suppliers for network, hosted services, telephony and backup.
– Ensure calls on internal help desk system are actioned and as appropriate escalated.
– Proactively monitor all alerts setup internally and raise tickets as necessary.
– Complete regular system and application checks.
– Carry out regular monitoring and health checks.
– Monitor system and network performance, addressing weaknesses such as throughput and latency.
– Develop improvements to systems and processes in line with industry best practices.
– Support rollout of new applications and updates to existing applications.
– Ensure network integrity and security are preserved
– Ensure all systems are up to date with respect to patching and software updates as appropriate
– Create / amend process documentation as appropriate.
– Add fixes and change documentation to relevant document store.
– Monitor help desk portal routinely for outstanding issues.
– Define and refine network and IT policies
– Specify system requirements and design solutions
– Research and make recommendations on server administration, new equipment and systems.
– Provide on-call / out of hours support.
Essential skills and experience required:
– Experience of providing windows desktop support in an enterprise environment.
– Management of multi property, diverse retail IT landscape.
Experience of the following:
– Microsoft Office 365 usage and administration including directory sync.
– Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS, DHCP and DFS.
– Support of server environments, network switches and understanding of LANs and WANs.
– Windows operating systems.
– Printers and multi-function devices.
– Supporting remote users
– Good trouble-shooting and fault-finding skills.
– Articulate with excellent writing skills and confident telephone manner.
– Exceptionally organized and efficient.
– Proven track record of maintaining and exceeding SLA levels in a service environment.
– MSCE/CCNA or similar qualification
– Retail industry systems, POS, payment systems hardware and software.
– Virtualization technologies
– Familiarity with backup and recovery software and methodologies
– Excellent knowledge of best practices around management, control, and monitoring of server
– Experience with firewalls, Internet VPN’s remote implementation, troubleshooting
– Hands on experience in networking, routing and switching
– Meraki access points and Wi-Fi.
– Apple equipment, operating systems and Creative Cloud.
– IP Telephony.
– Exposure to SAP ECC 6.0.
– SQL and databases.
– In-store AV equipment setup.
All of our opportunities require that applicants are eligible to work in the specified country/location, unless otherwise stated in the job description.