This position has been filled
Scala Developer required by Whitehall Resources for an initial 6 month contract based in Glasgow
– Work with Product Owners and Business Customers to define Conditions of Satisfaction and Specifications with examples that are then used throughout the agile lifecycle to ensure requirements are met
– Develop and maintain agile automated testing for mission critical applications and components and develop and educate the scrum teams on test automation practices.
– Work and promote agile methodology for Software QA
– Full test lifecycle oversight, organizing unit testing for instance feedback and continuous integration, and larger functional cycles for integration and deployment testing.
– Establishes standards and best practices
Required Skills Essential:
– 12+ years of hands on experience in variety of platform & data development roles
– 5+ years of experience in big data technology with experience ranging from platform architecture, data management, data architecture and application architecture
– High Proficiency working with Hadoop platform including Spark/Scala, Kafka, SparkSQL, Hbase, Impala, Hive and HDFS in multi-tenant environments
– Solid base in data technologies like warehousing, ETL, MDM, DQ, BI and analytical tools extensive experience in metadata management and data quality processes and tools
– Experience in full lifecycle architecture guidance
– Advanced analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
– Advanced knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
– Understanding of architecture and design across all systems
– Demonstrated and strong experience in a software engineering role, including the design, development and operation of distributed, fault-tolerant applications with attention to security, scalability, performance, availability and optimization
– Worked on Hadoop 2.0
– Experience working in Distributed Systems, Hadoop 2.0
Nice to have:
– Experience working on cloud
– Financial Industry experience
All of our opportunities require that applicants are eligible to work in the specified country/location, unless otherwise stated in the job description.