Whitehall Resources are looking for an experienced AWS Architect for an initial 6 month contract in Cheshire.
The Cloud Architect will deliver hands-on, business-oriented strategic and technical consulting to the Cloud Service Centre clients for cloud infrastructure, automation solutions and platform solution architecture.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
– You will join a service operations team and focus on adding hands-on technical expertise, ensuring outcomes meet the highest technical and agile standards.
– We expect you to understand the client project’s aims and to offer professional and commercial insight to ensure client satisfaction.
– You will act as an SME on the Cloud Ecosystem (currently focused on Microsoft Azure and AWS)
– Strong experience in a multi-disciplined team is critical as is your ability to clearly communicate complex technology solutions.
– You will be responsible for the production of high level and low level design documents and other technical project related artefacts.
– You will have a good understanding of a broad range of technologies.
– You will be able to converse easily with and translate between non-technical stakeholders and technical practitioners
Essential Skills/ Experience:
– Minimum of 5 years’ experience in IT Infrastructure engineering including at least 2 years’ supporting cloud based infrastructure
– An understanding of Public/Private/Hybrid Cloud solutions and experienced in integrating public cloud into traditional hosting/delivery models.
– Extensive experience in conducting Cloud Readiness Assessments observing business and technical perspectives
– Experience in evaluating existing data centre and digital strategies
– Experience in conducting cloud service maps, TCO analysis, security considerations as part of a wider Cloud Adoption Framework
– Strong knowledge primarily of AWS. Supporting knowledge of Azure would be desirable.
– Demonstrable experience in architecting large scale cloud migration projects/programmes
– Demonstrate the ability to solve complex, multi-system problems
– Extensive experience in architecting enterprise public cloud solutions
– Be comfortable with being responsible for the delivery of significant cloud and automation projects.
– Experience of working in a close Agile / Scrum team
– Strong understanding of NCSC Cloud Security Principles and its practical implementations
– Have experience of stakeholder management within complex organisations
– Be a fast learner, ambitions, and comfortable working in high-pressure environments
All of our opportunities require that applicants are eligible to work in the specified country/location, unless otherwise stated in the job description.