Whitehall Resources are currently looking for a Data Analyst
– Gather requirement and developing the scope.
– Working with stakeholder, to develop and understand requirements.
– Analysis of DTR, OPS and VDB jobs, creating a master document to save on discovery of other BODS jobs coming
through the pipeline data mapping.
– Data Mapping DTR, VDB OPS and ETMP jobs.
– Profiling DTR, SOD and IDS Tables for the Developers.
– Generating stats on the BODs/PDI jobs.
– Data modelling – experience with entity, logical and physical models.
– Data-focused technologies and their practical implementation and operation, including the Hadoop ecosystem.
– Relational databases, data warehousing, Data Marts.
– Database Technologies (Oracle, MYSQL).
– Transformation tools, including some or all of the following: Informatica Powercenter, Pentaho Data Integrator, SAP Data Services.
– Data transfer methodology including the likes of sFTP and FTPs, JDBC, Flume, Kafka.
– Different languages, data formats including XML.
– Security approaches and tools, encryption.
– Use of various collaboration tools including JIRA, Confluence etc.
– Experience using an Architecture Repository and adhering to its use and policy.
– Demonstrable experience of working successfully in either Data Analysis or Solution Design roles with specific data focus on Data Warehousing.
– Experience of successfully creating and implementing designs for data centric solutions.
– Experience of Data Modelling.
– Experience of Oracle 12c, RDS MySQL.
– Data Vault Modelling.
– Data Mart creation.
– Experience of Database schema definition.
– Experience of RDBMS. (Oracle / MYSQL preferred).
– Broad IT experience with in-depth understanding of data strategies, data models, ETL design & development.
– Experience with Data Security.
– Has a background in a data analyst / developer / designer role with a range of experience.
– Proven experience in developing large scale IT Data Architectures and in entity relationship, dimensional modelling and semantic models in a complex, multi supplier environment.
– Solid experience of data management technologies and approaches.
– Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively and with impact to technical and non-technical audiences.
– Demonstrate the ability to work with minimal direction in a large often challenging environment to influence and drive change internally and with 3rd party suppliers.
This role will be Inside of IR35.
All of our opportunities require that applicants are eligible to work in the specified country/location, unless otherwise stated in the job description.