This position has been filled
Portfolio Financial Manager
Portfolio Financial Manager
Whitehall Resources are looking for an experienced Portfolio Financial Manager for an initial 6 month contract in London.
The Portfolio Finance Manager leads the management and analysis of data, process and governance pertaining to financial control for IT Infrastructure Delivery (ITID) Portfolio & Programme Management (PPM) Finance team, covering some 250 projects across several large programmes.
The Portfolio Finance Manager works with key senior stakeholders locally and globally and influences at GCB 3, 2 and 1 levels, frequently within the immediate organisation and occasionally beyond. This role covers:
– Responsibility for the quality of financial reports and analysis, across portfolios within remit
– The development of broad relationships with key stakeholders, across a range of internal and external functions.
– Lead, coach, train and develop employees, both on and off shore.
– Influence key financial stakeholders to drive efficiencies and effective utilisation of funds across regions and entities.
– Drive the execution of the annual budgeting process for portfolios within remit.
– Lead the monthly re-forecasting cycle for the entire ITID PPM community, drive adherence to deadlines and act as an SME to portfolios and provide advice and guidance as needed.
– Lead global financial governance forums with key senior stakeholders.
– Design and oversee plan to ensure that the team adheres to the period close timetable and meets all periodic close deadlines.
– Lead the implementation of changes in financial processes and controls across the entire ITID PPM community, as instructed by Head of Portfolio Services.
– Drive reporting requirements to enable informed senior management decisions based on accurate and timely data.
– Collaborate effectively with key decision makers on financial planning and its inherent risks, issues and opportunities
– Innovate to optimise financial processes and compiling reports, driving efficiencies and cost savings.
– Lead team responsible for the production and reporting of financial data processing and analysis and driving process efficiency within the governance framework.
– Continuously assess training needs around financials and address through appropriate mediums and forums, ensuring guidance documents and templates are up to date.
– Actively seek to minimise variances across the portfolio and drive accurate forecasting by regular communication with portfolio and project leads.
– Actively drive collaboration across various stakeholders from a demand, resourcing and financial perspective.
– Establish reputation as a Finance expert in related area of expertise, using extensive knowledge in markets and products of specialisation
All of our opportunities require that applicants are eligible to work in the specified country/location, unless otherwise stated in the job description.