Whitehall Resources are currently looking for a Data Analyst based in Durham for an initial 4-month contract.
*** PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE HAS BEEN DEEMED INSIDE IR35***
Purpose of the role:
To utilise in-depth knowledge of datasets, definitions and processes to support the management of the NECS data warehouse(s) ensuring data is complete, accurate, timely and accessible.
To work closely with the Database Administrators to undertake the extraction, transformation and loading of data from a wide range of sources in to the NECS data warehouse(s) in accordance with documented procedures.
Implement approved data logic to validate, cleanse and cost datasets in accordance with national guidance and locally agreed business rules.
Undertake routine analysis and audits of incoming and outgoing data to ensure it complies with agreed standards and data quality thresholds.
– Support the provision of a robust data warehouse using internationally recognised tools and techniques to load and transform data
– To co-ordinate the receipt, loading and validation of complex data sets from partner organisation in line with strict timetables, identifying potential and actual data problems, proposing and implementing solutions, to support the provision of the NECS data warehouse(s).
– To automate highly complex data processing tasks including the importing and exporting of data from the NECS data warehouse(s) and associated reporting tools.
– To design and develop databases to hold highly complex data collected for a particular purpose whilst maintaining the integrity of the data at all times.
– Undertake routine data extractions
– To design and develop data feeds for inclusion in inclusion in the organisations information reporting tools/systems.
– To utilise pseudonymisation routines within the NECS data warehouse(s) and associated processes.
– Develop aggregate data views and cubes for use by the information services team for information analysis.
– Maintain and run an automated invoice validation system ensuring all activity data is correctly costed and charged to the correct commissioner.
– To develop data transformation routines from both complex technical specifications and natural language agreements.
– Support the provision of logical data models and schema to support benchmarking across the client.
– To identify opportunities for improvements to routine data processing and propose developments to tools/systems to deliver efficiencies.
– To lead in development of key data sets by frequent or regular information users, including development of techniques or systems.
– To support the provision of information systems used both within NECS and by its customers by ensuring data is available in a timely manner.
– To ensure that the security of IT systems and the confidentiality of personal data are maintained at all times in line with the relevant information governance and technical security standards and policies.
– To implement agreed changes to data processing routines following publication of national guidance or policy
– To support the development and documentation of quality standards covering all aspects of data, analysis and reporting work streams.
– To maintain specialist knowledge and expertise in information systems, Payment by Results (PbR) and hold an understanding of other information systems.
– Responsible for maintaining confidentiality and discretion at all times.
– Other ad-hoc duties required to meet the needs of the service.
Knowledge of the following:
– Highly developed knowledge of enterprise level database software including Microsoft SQL Server, Reporting and Analytical Services
– Expert knowledge of data manipulation tools and techniques including SSIS and DTS
– Knowledge and experience of developing information reporting flows between systems and organis
All of our opportunities require that applicants are eligible to work in the specified country/location, unless otherwise stated in the job description.