This position has been filled
Squiz Matrix Senior Developer
Senior Squiz Matrix Developer required by Whitehall Resources on an initial 6 month contract based in London.
As Senior Squiz Matrix Developer, you will help to define a robust, maintainable architecture for a new website, and mentor developers with a year or less of experience with Matrix.
You will have either extensive experience of building websites with Matrix from the ground up, or extensive experience developing for other CMSs and sufficient experience developing with Matrix to apply your prior experience.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
– Develop paint layouts and schemas for the new website. Work with UX, design and Marketing staff to build asset structures that meet requirements and are easy for CMS editors to work with.
– Provide guidance on best practice to other developers. Advise on the best approach to deliver flexible, future-proof and maintainable code.
– Actively participate in code reviews of other developers’ work. Highlight potential issues and more efficient approaches.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
– Extensive experience of building websites with Matrix from the ground up OR extensive experi-ence developing for other CMSs and sufficient experience developing with Matrix to apply prior experience.
– Excellent knowledge of SCSS and CSS.
– Experience of collaborating with developers via repositories hosted with GitHub.
– Experience developing responsive, accessible, and standards-compliant web sites.
– Knowledge of web standards and progressive enhancement.
– Knowledge and experience of software testing.
– Experience with a Unix shell such as bash or zsh.
– Good interpersonal and team-working skills.
– Understanding of principles of code versioning and deployment.
– Good problem analysis and solving skills.
– Ability to communicate effectively with technical colleagues.
– Experience interfacing with web services and feeds.
– Knowledge of Funnelback and experience of integrating it with Squiz Matrix.
All of our opportunities require that applicants are eligible to work in the specified country/location, unless otherwise stated in the job description.