DevOps Engineer - SC Cleared
Whitehall Resources are looking for a DevOps Engineer (SC Cleared) based in Croydon for a 6 Month period.
Our client is looking for SC cleared DevSecOps Engineer with experience using AWS, Kubernetes and Docker.
A successful candidate will be embedded into a DevOps team responsible for managing the build, deployment, and continuous integration of the project through development, test, and production. Experience in core security functions such as operating system hardening (native hosts and containers), protective monitoring and public key infrastructure is highly desired.
The candidate will be expected to support a Security Professional in the DevOps environment.
– Knowledge and experience of AWS, Docker and Kubernetes is essential to the role
– Experience deploying, profiling, and debugging distributed systems
– Knowledge and experience of configuring and deploying security functionality in alignment with National Cyber Security Centre principles – (desired but not essential) Client is ideally looking for candidates with previous experience working for central government functions.
– Ability to operate in small cross-functional engineering teams to build supportable, sustainable, and reliable services
– A keen interest in open source and a desire to contribute back to the community and other departments
– Knowledge of content inspection security controls at the boundary
– Experience of working in an Agile Delivery Team, demonstrating strong communication and presentation skills
– Knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes
– Knowledge of configuring security management tools
– Reasonable fluency in at least one of: Python, Ruby, Go, BASH
– Experience of security hardening of GNU/Linux OS
– Deep knowledge of GNU/Linux
– Knowledge of configuration management tools
– Solid understanding of CI and build engineering
– Understanding of cloud concepts, specifically AWS
– Experience of IP networking and physical networks
– Configuration Management – Git, GitLab, Jenkins, Artifactory, Ansible, Terraform – one of these or all?
– Environment – Linux, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS
– Management – ELK, Sysdig, Vault, Keycloak
– Coding Languages – Python (essential), Ruby (essential), Go, BASH
All of our opportunities require that applicants are eligible to work in the specified country/location, unless otherwise stated in the job description.