Business Analyst - Data Analytics
Business Analyst – Data Analytics
Whitehall Resources are currently looking for a Business Analyst – Data Analytics
– The Data & Analytics team have a joint role that combines the skills of a business analyst with the organisational excellence of a scrum master to deliver iterative small data science projects.
– Working with key areas of the Business to understand and shape their analytical requirements into demand for the Data and Analytics Team.
– During this engagement, the candidate will need to maintain positive levels of communication, attend meetings, give presentations, advice and support and provide regular updates to Data and Analytics as to the potential opportunities and their status and activity.
– Will be expected to stand in as a SCRUM master.
– As a BA/ Scrum Master you will be part of the data science team and responsible for delivering discovery use cases (POCS) and Analytics Use Case projects which follow a light agile framework and ceremonies.
– Work with the Product Owners and SME’s to scope the requirements of any given use case and translate this into a backlog and delivery sprints as per the predefined discovery approach.
– Lead the collaborative, dynamic planning process, alignment of product owner expectation, prioritisation of activates and run the daily meetings.
– Facilitate workshops, manage business stakeholder interactions to maximize the value created by the team and ensure we delivered based on defined commitments.
– Assist the business product owner to manage the discovery backlog and use case delivery.
– Facilitate stakeholder engagement and delivery review meetings as requested or needed.
– Strong exposure to Data and Analytics project environment, at least 4 years’ experience.
– Proven experience in influencing all levels in the use and benefits of Data and Analytics.
– Proven experience in defining scope and detailed requirements.
– Experience in data visualisations and demonstrating the art of the possible.
– Experience with driving user engagement from initial analysis to user acceptance testing.
– Proven track record in delivering high quality analysis deliverables, such as use cases, requirements definition, logical data model, requirements traceability catalogues.
– Strong Stakeholder Management and Communications skills up to Board Level.
– Working in an agile/iterative environment.
– Experience in Microsoft Azure cloud technologies and principles.
– Knowledge of cyber security and data regulations and concepts in a regulated business.
– Must be able to communicate well with teams, product owners and business leads.
– Must be able to lead and demonstrate value-add principles to the team and contribute to the overall process improvement.
– Must be the first to notice differences and issues as they arise and elevate them to management.
– Must be high-energy.
– Must be able to facilitate discussion and define alternatives or different approaches.
– Must be able to lead a team to self-organisation.
– Must desire to bring disclosure and transparency to the business about development and grow business trust.
All of our opportunities require that applicants are eligible to work in the specified country/location, unless otherwise stated in the job description.