Digital Service Designer
Digital Service Designer
Whitehall Resources are currently looking for a Digital Service Designer based in West Yorkshire for an initial 6-month contract.
As a Service Designer you’ll work in a multidisciplinary team, alongside researchers, designers and developers, to deliver word-class, user-centred public services.
You will bring extensive experience designing public, commercial or third-sector services. As a passionate advocate for designing integrated experiences, you will be persuasive and collaborative with a wide range of stakeholders.
Role and responsibilities Your role will include:
– understanding user needs and creating user journeys that help people successfully navigate complex systems
– identifying where separate interactions should act as one service and design rational user journeys within that service, as well as commonalities in activities across services that create opportunities for product development
– analysing failure within existing services, identifying root causes for that failure,
and creating designs or recommendations to address that failure
– developing future service propositions that deliver on policy intentions – helping to plan user research and usability testing, observing sessions, and helping to analyse the results of user research
– identifying opportunities for cost reduction and improvement within an existing service
– understanding the existing support system for a service – both digital and process based – and designing targeted improvements to existing services or to accommodate new services
– mapping current service journeys and creating blueprints for improved and/or new services
– creating and rapidly iterating service prototypes
– identifying and design service patterns and standards
– identifying the right ways to measure service success
– building collaborative relationships with stakeholders, across teams and service domains
– defining and conducting excellent stakeholder engagement
– being a knowledge expert in service design
– participate in thought leadership – introduce ideas and approaches to the broader team
– be able to design complexity out of services
– have significant experience designing digital products and/or services and planning service design project engagements
– have experience planning and running workshops with stakeholders, end users and/or front-line service providers
– have a solid understanding of user research methods and practice, proven experience in using metrics and user feedback to define/refine services and be able to work collaboratively with user researchers and interpret research findings
– be able to analyse and visualise user journeys and service flows
– be able to clearly and persuasively communicate designs as well as the evidence underpinning decisions
– work collaboratively with multidisciplinary teams
– be able to work quickly in an agile environment
– have a design related degree, or relevant industry experience
– have exceptional skills in convincing people of the benefits of user-centred design and designing integrated service offerings
All of our opportunities require that applicants are eligible to work in the specified country/location, unless otherwise stated in the job description.