This position has been filled
Junior Business Analyst
Junior Business Analyst required by Whitehall Resources for a 9 month initial contract based in Macclesfield.
The Translation Technology BA is expected to perform at intermediate level in the following:
Translation Technology Service Project Support – help deliver the design, introduction and implementation of Translation technologies, Translation Management System and Machine Translation systems into the Organisation. Support suppliers, consultants, co-ordinate meetings and capture challenges, issues and blockers and action them pro-actively or during planned calls. Assist the Project Manager and Service Owner with tasks around Security Assessments and Data Privacy assessments and other requirements to provide a safe and secure Translation Solution.
Testing – Help design and execute the test steps necessary to confirm the solution’s integrity from a technical and a user acceptance perspective prior to go-live.
Business Needs Identification – Already before the service is up and running, the BA captures and processes translation requests and business cases from across the business. The BA helps put in practice the Service Demand process and enable the business functions participating in the pilot to prove the value of the technology.
Linguistic, TMS and platform support – Support projects that provide additional and enhanced meaningful language access services. Helps the business with implementing glossaries, style guides and translation memories into the Translation Management System and co-ordinate Translation Memory integration and tiering.
Work collaboratively with:
1. Business Stakeholders to ensure that solutions fulfil their future strategic needs and challenges
2. Business customers to identify business requirements and effectively communicate impact, cost and benefits of new and changed demands
Work collaboratively with:
3. The Test Lead to define the testing approach and the components of testing to ensure traceability of requirements and effectiveness of overall solution.
4. Change Management/Communication Leads to ensure the Change Management and Communications plans and delivery support the Stakeholder Analysis.
Education, Qualifications, and Experience
– Experience within the translation industry, such as translation agency/bureau/freelancing.
– Proven experience of working with a Translation Management System, CAT tools and machine translation.
– Strong engagement, communication and stakeholder management skills, including excellent presentation and influencing skills
– Experience of virtual collaboration to lead, shape and develop innovative solutions
– Experience of working with and managing third party suppliers/vendors
– Experience of working in a global organisation with complex/geographical context
– Multilingual, with at least two languages in addition to English at professional level.
Skills and Capabilities
– Degree in Translation or Linguistics. Equivalent experience will also be considered.
– Proficient in MS Office and/or O365 suite.
– Business acumen, challenge, negotiation and influence
– Presentation, Communication & Facilitation
– Customer Focus
– Stakeholder Management
All of our opportunities require that applicants are eligible to work in the specified country/location, unless otherwise stated in the job description.