This position has been filled
Senior Network Engineer - Cisco ACI
Senior Network Engineer
Our client requires a Senior Network Engineer with Cisco ACI to support their Projects, after implementation if any troubleshooting required etc
* Proven ability to architect network solutions within Cisco ACI
* Proven ability to migrate legacy Cisco Nexus/Catalyst networks into Cisco ACI.
* Deep level practical understanding of BGP/OSFP routing protocols.
* Knowledge of Firewalls (preferably Fortigate) an advantage.
* Software Defined Networks such as Cisco ACI, APIC ACI, MSO (Multi Site Orchestrator), NAE (Network Assurance Engine), ACI Anywhere; SD WAN e.g. Cisco vManage; SD Access e.g. DNAC, APIC EM, Cisco ISE.
* Automation/Orchestration: Network stack integration, Ansible, Python, JSON, APIs.
* Security products e.g. Algosec and Tufin. Firewalls: Cisco (+Firepower Threat Defense), FortiGate, Fortinet SD-WAN solution.
* VMware NSX, Tooling e.g. Cisco Tetration
* Proven experience of designing complex network technical solutions using third parties as required in multi tenanted/shared environments
* Proven experience of designing and implementing complex Data Centre LAN environments
* Practical working knowledge of WAN/LAN/Public Cloud connectivity/ management/virtualisation technologies and products from leading vendors
* Experience of network consolidation, and associated capacity planning to provide increased availability and flexibility
* Experience with key vendors, primarily Cisco (IOS, NX-OS, ACI) / F5 (LTM, GTM, ASM) / Bluecoat / Fortigate / Checkpoint, other vendor experience is welcome and beneficial.
* Willingness to perform a “hands on” role.
* Design technical solutions covering product selection for the key components of the network technology stack, including network hardware/software, load balancers, firewalls, proxies and sizing.
* Provide the overall network technical strategy and leadership for a client, project or bid.
* Review of client network infrastructures and propose options for improvements.
* Ability to work to deadlines and drive complex network proposals to conclusion
* Taking information from customer and or project specifications and turning those into completed design definitions and leading the implementation of those changes for the project.
* Compliance with a stringent change management process, where levels of accuracy of proposed implementation activities will be subject to the fullest review and delivery must follow the agreed plan.
* Practical working knowledge of network protocols and standards
* Practical working knowledge of Telco/network provider service offers
* Practical working knowledge of network security
* Ability to cost and estimate projects with limited information and ensuring assumptions, risks and issues have been captured
* Ability to review network projects and proposals making recommendations
* Flexible approach to working hours and location
* Excellent client and communication skills, good presentation both verbal and written
* Ability to work as part of a dispersed team but also self-motivated
* Ability to explain technical issues to non-technical staff
* Broad experience of IT solution development
* Ability to perform and conduct workshops and meetings to develop client solutions
All of our opportunities require that applicants are eligible to work in the specified country/location, unless otherwise stated in the job description.