This position has been filled
Unix Developer required by Whitehall Resources for an initial 2 month contract based in Essex
*Please note that this role will fall within IR35*
The project will be a Data migration project – shifting from Legacy to a more modern system
Key skills required:
– UNIX scripting – make connections from UTM / FTP putting scripts in place to send and receive data
– Working in a SCRUM team – will need AGILE experience
– Shell scripting in UNIX – essential & Documentation
– Trouble shoot and fix issues & bugs
Demonstrable experience in the following is essential:
– Key skills are UTM and UNIX shell for UNIX developer
– You will also be working within a server environment using a mix of Solaris, AIX, RHEL and CentOS, with a small number of Windows. Working within the Platform team responsible for the administration of physical and virtual systems in a DevOps Sys Admin role
– Implementation of systems to comply with security and disaster recovery strategy including separation of duties
– Working on specific, targeted projects to deliver consistent, maintainable solutions
– Addressing incident tickets & service requests from internal customers and performing the necessary troubleshooting and remedial work to fix issues
– Produce and maintain documentation on collaboration environments for systems and services.
– Provide a mix of level 2 and level 3 technical support and diagnostic assistance to support and development colleagues;
– Writing Shell scripts for file transfer, validation and processing.
– Working with configuration management tool to produce consistent system builds and Remedy non-compliant systems;
– Participate in system upgrades
– Automation of manual activities
Candidate should expect to travel for workshops
All of our opportunities require that applicants are eligible to work in the specified country/location, unless otherwise stated in the job description.