This position has been filled
Whitehall Resources currently require an experienced Data Analyst to work with a key client based in Essex
***This role falls Inside IR35***
Gathering requirement and developing the scope
* Analysis of data used in CDS Risk, S&S Risk rules, data sets required for S&S Risk rules e.g. Reference data.
* For data sets used in S&S Risk, identify frequency of change, quality of data.
* Identify any data quality issues that need to be resolve before data can be used for S&S Risk
Demonstrable experience of working successfully in either Data Analysis or Solution Design roles with specific data focus on Data Warehousing.
* Experience of successfully creating and implementing designs for data centric solutions. Demonstrable experience of working successfully in either Data Analysis or Solution Design roles with specific data focus on Data Warehousing.
* Experience of successfully creating and implementing designs for data centric solutions.
* Experience of Data Modelling.
* Experience of Database schema definition.
* Experience of RDBMS. (Oracle / MYSQL preferred)
* Broad IT experience with in-depth understanding of data strategies, data models, ETL design & development.
* Experience with Data Security.
* Has a background in a data analyst / developer / designer role with a range of experience.
Technical Experience and or training (demonstrable experience in one or more of the following is highly desirable):
* Data modelling – experience with entity, logical and physical models
* Data-focused technologies and their practical implementation and operation, including the Hadoop ecosystem.
* Data technologies and approaches, including some or all of the following: relational databases, data warehousing, Data Marts,
* Database Technologies (Oracle, MYSQL)
* Transformation tools, including some or all of the following: Pentaho Data Integrator
* Data transfer methodology including the likes of sFTP and FTPs, JDBC, Flume, Kafka.
* Different languages, data formats including XML,
* Security approaches and tools, encryption
* Use of various collaboration tools including JIRA, Confluence etc
* Experience using an Architecture Repository and adhering to its use and policy
* Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively and with impact to technical and non-technical audiences.
* Demonstrate the ability to work with minimal direction in a large often challenging environment to influence and drive change internally and with 3rd party suppliers.
* Be a team player coaching and mentoring aspiring colleagues into motivated and delivery focused individuals.
All of our opportunities require that applicants are eligible to work in the specified country/location, unless otherwise stated in the job description.