Whitehall Resources currently require an experienced Frontend Developer to work with a key client based in West Yorkshire.
*** This role falls Inside IR35 ***
* Build, deploy and operate outstanding digital services within an agile environment that meet well-defined user needs
* Provide mentorship and/or line management for more junior Front-end developers where necessary
* Contribute to a culture of continual improvement in which key systems “owned” by your digital service team are regularly analysed, maintained and improved.
* Contribute to a robust automated test suite to work in a continuous integration environment
* Become involved in the wider web development community, building relationships with other front-end developers and identifying best practices we can adopt
* Completion of work allocated within agreed time, cost and quality criteria and providing progress reports on assigned work as required
* Prompt escalation of problems, issues and risks as necessary
Technologies & Technical Skills:
* HTML, HTML5, CSS, CSS3, SASS, BEM (Block, Element and Modifier naming convention)
* Scripting or basic programming skills. Familiarity with network protocols – TCP/IP, HTTP, SSL, etc.
* Understanding of application deployment strategies and continuous integration
* Working within a product-centric environment
* Experience with, and appreciation of, Agile/Lean development methods, practices and techniques
* Solid development experience preferably in Open Source language
* Experience with continuous integration tool, such as Jenkins
* Experience testing and automated testing tools, such as Selenium, Gatling, Cucumber, Gherkin
* Familiar with common diagnostic methodologies, and the deployment and use of monitoring tools incl. Grafana, Kibana, Dashing, Google Analytics
* Agile Methodology
* Lateral thinking: generate innovative approaches and solutions to complex problems
* Pragmatism: delivery-focused, adaptable and responsive
* Influencing skills to drive change and continuous improvement
* Self-starter with demonstrable career progression through personal initiative
* Passionate and energetic: ambitious, committed, drives immediacy and urgency
* Strong people skills: communication, negotiation, listening
* Demonstrable ability to learn new platforms and technologies quickly
* Confident to engage with client
All of our opportunities require that applicants are eligible to work in the specified country/location, unless otherwise stated in the job description.