Whitehall Resources are currently looking for a Network Engineer/SME based in Sussex for 1-3 days per week for an initial 6-month contract.
– Transition of a large Enterprise Data Centre LAN located across 2 x Client DCs.
– Transition encompasses migration from BT to Caps/OBS managed service.
– Migration from Client to Client managed Internet connectivity
– Updating routing, NATing, security rules, DNS, SNMP etc…
Technologies and Experience required:
– Network consisting of Cisco NEXUS and Catalyst switches, Cisco ISR routers, Cisco ASA Firewalls, Checkpoint Firewalls, F5 load balancers, Bluecoat proxies and AV, Pulse Remote VPN.
– Traditional zone-based DC logical design with 4 x tiers.
– Mixture of copper and fibre ethernet connectivity
– Mixture of static and dynamic routing – OSPF and BGP – both internally and externally (BGP).
– Spanning tree (MST) and HSRP.
– NAT, DNS, RIPE addressing
– Senior Network Engineer, ideally 7 years minimum experience implementing/managing large Enterprise DC LAN and Campus environments.
– Very strong routing/switching – minimum CCNP level (ideally CCIE).
– Strong security – ideally CCNP security.
– Experience in DC LAN Network Design, including Low Level design network documentation.
– Experience with MPLS WAN migrations preferred.
– Experience of F5 load balancers and bluecoat proxies preferred.
All of our opportunities require that applicants are eligible to work in the specified country/location, unless otherwise stated in the job description.