Whitehall Resources are looking for an experienced Solution Designer for an initial 6-month contract in Cheshire.
The client has requested all candidates operate through an Umbrella Company.
The successful candidate will lead and be accountable for solutioning and end-to-end design activities for projects across the software development lifecycle.
They will be required to:
– Define and document technical solutions spanning multiple applications / products and technologies, aligned to the client’s strategic architecture principles
– Lead the liaison with business clients and wider business teams in helping to shape initial ideas into requirements that are sufficiently comprehensive to support effective system development.
– Support design and integration activity throughout the end-to-end software development lifecycle.
– Drive collaboration across the component design and build teams, ensuring that they understand and follow the defined design.
– Ensure that the technical integrity and quality of the applications and alignment to architecture strategy are maintained throughout delivery.
Essential skills and experience
– Expert in architecting solutions across disparate technologies to achieve the complex business objectives of multiple business areas.
– A proven track record of thriving in an unstructured, ambiguous environment; adept at varying own styles to influence the optimum outcome.
– Experience of managing a diverse set of stakeholders and influencing their conflicting objectives into a pragmatic solution and deliverable release schedule.
– Financial services business and applications knowledge.
– The ability to present complex technical ideas (both written and verbal), anticipate potential objections and persuade others to adopt the most appropriate view.
Preferred skills and experience
– Exposure to Cloud technologies. AWS Solution Architect certification – foundation level or higher e.g. Associate level is desirable.
– Exposure to API design strategies both for internal and external customer usage
– Experience of working with service management teams or an understanding of ITIL principles.
– Application/Infrastructure/Enterprise Architect training and certification, e.g. TOGAF.
– Experience of working in a highly regulated environment.
All of our opportunities require that applicants are eligible to work in the specified country/location, unless otherwise stated in the job description.