Whitehall Resources are currently looking for a Project Manager based initially remotely then London for an initial 3-month contract.
Accountable and responsible for overall coordination, communication and stability of assigned project. Deliver project on time, within budget, and to the stated deliverables through the use of structured project management processes.
Responsible for developing project plans and teamwork assignments, directing and monitoring work efforts on a daily basis, identifying resource needs, performing quality reviews, and escalating issues appropriately.
Responsible for tracking key project milestones and adjusting project plans and/or resources to meet the needs of the customers.
Coordinates communication with all areas of the enterprise that impacts scope, budget, risk, and resources of the work effort being managed.
Assists the Delivery Manager in partnering with senior management of the business community to identify and prioritize opportunities for utilizing IT to achieve the goals of the enterprise. Reports to the ISIT Delivery Director for Corporate Functions.
– Be the primary contact for the project to business and IS/IT management.
– Build relationships with business and IS/IT stakeholders to ensure proper project communications and participation.
– Lead cross-functional project teams comprised of business customers, vendors and IS/IT resources.
– Ensure project requirements are defined, understood and feasible.
– Establish clear expectations and scope with all project stakeholders.
– Constantly evaluate the project’s ability to meet its objectives and refine plans or manage expectations as required.
– Balance and communicate expectations around schedule, scope and budget while maximizing business value and customer satisfaction.
– Define and schedule deliverables, activities and milestones to ensure accountabilities are clear to team members, business customers and vendors.
– Proactively manage, report, and escalate project control points including Risks, Issues, Milestones, etc.
– Maintain project status reports and present during project reviews, gate reviews and steering committee meetings.
– Facilitate, document and distribute minutes of team meetings
Drive continuous improvement of PMO processes and facilitate action from project lessons learned
Required Skills and Experience:
Personal & Interpersonal
– Experience in a multi-cultural, global organization
– Ability to manage multiple streams within a project simultaneously, technical and functional, and prioritize work accordingly
– Demonstrate strong leadership skills with experience in leadership positions – either having direct reports or similar project team member responsibility
– Excellent communication, facilitation, interpersonal and conflict management skills
– Ability to engage effectively at all management levels of the organization
– Is organized, methodical and detail-oriented with work activities
– Analytical and methodical problem solver.
– Expert level in discipline area: typically, 10+ years of proven experience in one or more financial project functionality delivery (reporting, consolidation, forecasting or planning) and/or applications SDLC project delivery
– Proven background successfully managing and completing large Forecasting and Planning projects, experience of Adaptive Insights, Anaplan or Oracle Forecasting a major plus
– Experience of Agile project methodology experience a major plus
– Demonstrated relevant experience and strong technical understanding of Data Architecture and its importance to financial systems implementation a plus
– Expert user of industry PPM tools and Microsoft products (Project, PowerPoint & Excel)
– Education & certifications
– PMP certification preferred. PgMP or PfMP
All of our opportunities require that applicants are eligible to work in the specified country/location, unless otherwise stated in the job description.