This position has been filled
Whitehall Resources are currently looking for a Performance Architect located in Essex for an initial 6 Month Contract.
CDS have built a replacement for the CHIEF service to support the Import and Export of freight into and out of the United Kingdom. Traders submit Declarations – an electronic form – describing the goods being imported/exported to a public API hosted by us which is then routed to the CDS system.
The role is that of a Performance Architect ensuring that the individual services and the system as a whole can reach the sustained performance required from the NFR’s. The target is to reach 40 Declarations per Second by September. The system currently supports ~14.
– Undertake Service/Component Performance Diagnosis role in a team of Business Analysts (BA), Volumetrics and Architects.
– Face-off to our CDS Programme & Delivery Architects, Performance Test Service, DevOps Engineers,
Development/Tech Leads to:
– Understand the complex interaction of all components and services in the system
– Undertake performance diagnosis and make recommendations on code / software architecture changes.
Additionally recommend infrastructure scaling options
– If applicable, produce design artefacts with support of component level architect knowledge
– Undertake system discovery activities working with the remainder of the Performance Architecture team to find system-wide performance issues and determine remedial action
– AWS IaaS Services
– Service Oriented / Microservices Architectures
– Java to an underlying platform level
– Client-facing stakeholder and relationship management
– Performance diagnosis/modelling/engineering
– Java (preferably Spring Boot) expertise to an in-depth level
– Experience with Scaled Agile Framework – desirable
– Feature design and maturity in an Agile methodology
– Large-scale system experience ideally ‘Digital’ and/or Cloud based
– Digital Software Architecture
All of our opportunities require that applicants are eligible to work in the specified country/location, unless otherwise stated in the job description.