This position has been filled
Whitehall Resources are currently looking for a Technical Writer based in Shropshire for an initial 6-month contract.
– Create new content for Technologists inside and outside Government, such as documentation for Developers on how a product works; technical guidance on how to approach common problems.
– Become familiar with existing technical content and make recommendations on how it can be improved.
– Understand the GOV.UK style and align content appropriately.
– Work with technical and process experts to get an in-depth understanding of relevant programmes, projects and topics.
– Collaborate with User Researchers to develop a detailed knowledge of user needs.
– Run workshops and collaborate with technical design colleagues.
– Work with Content Designers to ensure there is a consistent approach in the user journey.
– Contribute to the Technical Writer community.
– Write and maintain documentation including information about APIs and Security.
– Ensure that documentation meets user needs for all user profiles.
– Help to plan and attend user research feedback relevant to the development team.
– Attend user research and incorporate design changes into the technical content.
– Work with the main platform team on areas like, authentication should be included in the documentation and overlapping areas of content use.
– Work at a strategic level so the project team can give more support to Software Engineers.
– Ensure that documents carry the vision, goals and API release roadmap so Vendors can plan accordingly.
– Ensure there is a clear protocol in place for how Software Vendors receive communications.
– Consider providing help and answers to Developers.
– Work with Policy and Subject Matter Experts to stay aware of any policy changes and communicate those to the relevant audiences.
Mandatory Technical Skill:
– Basic understanding of HTML and CSS is required
Mandatory Business Skill:
– Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
– Extensive experience of technical writing for the web, with proven ability of creating content that is accessible and usable for the target audience.
– Understanding of usability and interaction design.
– Experience of needs analysis – be able to take existing content and identify gaps and overlaps. Awareness of user research methods and practice.
– Proven experience in using metrics and user feedback to define/refine content.
– Experience working in Agile teams.
– Experience leading workshops, collaborative design or pair writing sessions.
– Clear ability to collaborative and build useful relationships.
All of our opportunities require that applicants are eligible to work in the specified country/location, unless otherwise stated in the job description.