Whitehall Resources require a Java Developer to work with a key client based in Northamptonshire.
**Please be aware that the successful candidate will be required to use an Umbrella Company**
* The successful candidate will work closely with on-shore development teams
* Strong Proven experience in commercial Development of Web Facing applications using Java as the core language to perform highly concurrent functions.
* Strong Proven experience of design and estimation in a commercial environment.
* Strong Proven experience in commercial Development of User Interfaces.
* Proven experience in incorporating automated testing into the Development project (e.g. Unit Testing/Test Complete).
* Ability to document and design using Visio, UML and other modelling tools.
* Enthusiastic and proactive team player who is keen to contribute to ideas and listen in a collaborative manner.
Technical Skills – Essential
* Experience of developing in the Agile methodology familiarity with SCRUM methodology
* Applicable Java Web Framework (e.g. Spring, Spring-boot, Spring security)
* Any J2EE
* Apache Tomcat
* Creation and Integration to Web Services
* Experience in Automated Build and Deployment Processes (e.g. Jenkins CI / Apache Maven / Gradle)
* Experience or high level knowledge with tools like Junit, Sonar, Jenkins, SVN, Chef, Puppet, Nolio, Selenium, QTP, Assana, Jira or Rally (3 or more)
* Exposure to responsive design and open source libraries, like bootstrap.
* REST, Swagger
* Understanding of Java Script, JQuery, AJAX, AngularJS 2.0
* Experience in HTML,HTML5, CSS, NodeJS.
* Java Script Unit cases, Mockito
* Exposure to front-end tools like, NPM etc.
* Strong experience in Object Oriented concepts
* Have experience in applying SOLID principles
* Should be good at identifying apt data structure to be used for given requirement.
* Should be good at writing best code considering the time & space complexity.
* Should have experience in both Unix and web development.
* Should have understanding of XML and Web Services (SOAP, Rest)
* Experience on any of the modern Java IDE JetBrains IDEA/NetBeans/IntelliJ etc or VS *
* Mule, RAML, Micro-services design and development patterns
Technical Skill – Beneficial
* Ability to participate in design decision from Functional requirement perspective
* Working knowledge of Jenkins
* Understanding now SSO and authentication in general
* Experience with Atlassian tools like Jira and Confluence
* Understanding of Role Bases Access Control (RBAC)
All of our opportunities require that applicants are eligible to work in the specified country/location, unless otherwise stated in the job description.