Lead Robotics (RPA) Developer
Lead RPA Developer
Whitehall Resources are looking for an experienced Lead RPA Developer for an initial 6 month contract in North Yorkshire.
The client has deemed this role is INSIDE IR35.
About the role:
A Lead Robotic Process Automation (RPA) Developer works on agile projects, leading teams on development of software. They are responsible for leading the design of systems that meet business needs, and identifying concepts and translating them into RPA implementation design.
They review other people’s system designs making sure the most appropriate technology is selected and ensure efficient use of resources. They lead the integration of multiple systems and technologies and collaborate with senior stakeholders, providing direction and challenge to find agreement. They explore the benefits of cross-government alignment of systems and services, providing mentoring and leadership to other Developers.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
– As a Lead RPA Developer, you will be identifying appropriate technology solutions and approaches to meet the needs of the organisation.
– You will partner with RPA Analysts to plan and lead process observations workshops to support identification of new RPA opportunities
– You will establish and embed a set of UiPath development standards, ensuring workflows are easily understandable and maintainable by others
– You will be responsible for training, coaching, onboarding and mentoring developers, keeping your colleagues upskilled with best practices and suggesting continuous improvements.
– You will act as an RPA Technical SME across the broader RPA development teamsYou will work collaboratively with business stakeholders to translate logical designs into physical designs by building, testing and release UiPath workflows into a live environment
– Be part of a dynamic team building and developing a service bringing an open mind and openness
You will be someone who:
– Thinks and acts Proactively
– Appreciates that the service is new and all team members are still working through and overcoming obstacles and challenges
– Has strong technical leadership qualities; a passion for designing and building systems and the ability to inspire a culture of technical excellence and innovative software design.
– Has an understanding of the other roles in software development (user research, design and architecture)
– Is able to anticipate and advise on future technology changes that present opportunities.
– Can navigate the complex landscape of technologies, stakeholders, contractors, internal and cross-government teams.
– Has good communication skills, verbal and written, and a good understanding of the use of different channels and formats for different audiences.
– Is able to work with diverse teams across multiple locations including remotely and technologies and provides leadership to the teams responsible for delivery of the service through effective direction and coaching/mentoring.
Essential skills and experience:
– Recent significant coding experience including at least 12 months RPA experience implementing business processes using UiPath software, with UiPath professional certification
– Ability to deliver UI Path solutions under an Agile framework using continuous integration principles.
– Strong understanding of the UiPath technical architecture across the, Robot and Developer components
– Strong complimentary programming skills
– A proven background in technical leadership and strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to elicit business process information from stakeholders
Desirable skills and experience
– A breadth of knowledge in a wide range of technical systems.
– A good track record of managing and delivering complex systems within time, cost and quality targets.
– Ability to coordinate build activities across multiple systems and understand how to undert
All of our opportunities require that applicants are eligible to work in the specified country/location, unless otherwise stated in the job description.